Author Topic: The rats quarding the ladder  (Read 1714 times)

Tuck

Re: The rats quarding the ladder
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 07:54:46 AM »
Then why, if it benefits neither you nor us, do you keep coming back?  You have the right to leave.

I know my right to withdraw, if not. Do you come over the bridge and begin boxing?

Artemis Quark

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2017, 11:48:54 AM »
I'm with Johnny. I like the voice of this piece. The language doesn't bother me. I think it still has room to polish and yet retain that voice. Losing it would be a crime.
I have to agree as well. There is something "nautical" (yes, from-the-sea...not naughty, LOL) about Tuck's writing. True, the "writing" is full of typos, misused words, missing punctuation, etc., but the images evoked by his sea captain-esque persona reminds me of a scene from Pirates of the Carribean. Perhaps Tuck should try to write a script instead of a prose piece.

What do you say, Tuck? Steady as she goes, trim your sails and take a new heading for scriptwriting. Caution, the rules of that format are equally rigid but not so difficult to do, especially if you write it with a software package that does a lot of it automatically. I have started using a free app called celtx.

The carping about comments is a distraction. If you want to write something that grabs attention and entertains, focus on writing it rather than rebutting critiques. Ahoy, mate.

AQ

Tuck

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 02:49:14 PM »
Thank for the plank, the writing is just to me  to pass the time, I am not going to meet any standard, and I would strongly point out- that  I m still free man from the free world, so, I would like to suggest you- everyone  there one hundred gram of  old fashioned Voda, it makes more free

Offline bailish

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 03:28:16 PM »
Thank for the plank, the writing is just to me  to pass the time, I am not going to meet any standard, and I would strongly point out- that  I m still free man from the free world, so, I would like to suggest you- everyone  there one hundred gram of  old fashioned Voda, it makes more free

You do realize you posted this in a forum for requesting advice, don't you?

Offline hillwalker3000

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2017, 04:09:42 PM »
Thank for the plank, the writing is just to me  to pass the time.

So why not do what everybody else on here does and post it in 'The Gallery'?
No offence, but you're not exactly making yourself popular on here with those of us who try to offer advice to our fellow writers by blatantly wasting our time.

H3K