Author Topic: co-author wanted  (Read 986 times)

Offline Danny19

• View Profile
co-author wanted
« on: August 22, 2017, 04:19:34 PM »
Hello,

I am looking for a co-author to aide me in a book, I have been working on. It is about a certain musician. I have done all the research notes which, I can pass on to anyone interested. As it stands for now, I am not able to offer payment, but if the book does get picked up and published, there will be payment
for your hard work and co-operation. I have dedicated the best part of two years doing the research via various means(which, I found thoroughly enjoyable and fascinating)and I would like a like minded individual to see the project through. If anyone is interested, then please get back to me.

Thanks,

Danny

Lin

Re: co-author wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 07:13:34 AM »
Hi Danny,  I doubt if anyone will do anything for no fee.  That's a big ask.  Why can't you write it yourself?  It sounds to me as if you have already done most of the work.  Many of us here have had to learn how to write a book. A co-author doesn't guarantee a published book. If I were you, I'd go for it and let us have some of your examples so we can help you. The only reason I got published was because, like you, I started alone and worked my way through the mists of time learning how to write a good novel.  I'm still not there yet, any author who says they wrote a best seller is kidding themselves.  It is the publishers who decide.

So, don't rely on someone else, go for it and I wish you every success.

Lin

Offline teenwriterlock

• I'm Tina. writer, learner, helper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 08:31:52 PM »
what are you expecting from a co? I sometimes just like to write for fun, but not really looking to do that seriously. might be interested if just on a for fun basis

Lin

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 07:09:26 AM »
Teenwriter.  I think Danny is looking for someone to help him get published, someone who knows all the twists and turns of publishing.  This is why I mentioned he would need someone very professional to help him and they need paying.  Writing for fun is probably not what he means. I could be wrong, of course.  

Lin