Author Topic: FREE for three days  (Read 1439 times)

Offline geoffnelder

• Geoff's website
FREE for three days
« on: May 22, 2017, 04:33:35 PM »
Trying to boost awareness and spread the reading of my powerful novel ARIA: Left Luggage (powerful - hah, convince myself go on)

Free for three days with Amazon kindle
Go on, treat yourself to a freebie and make me and my tiny-press publisher happy.

http://smarturl.it/1fexhs

Blurb:
Today, Jack caught a bug at work. He catches a bus home. By the time he disembarks in the desert town of Rosamond, all the other passengers and the driver have fuzzy heads. Jack had caught an amnesia bug, and it’s infectious. Imagine the ramifications: The passengers arrive home infecting family; some shop en route infecting everyone they meet. The bus driver receives more passengers giving them change for last week’s prices and today’s amnesia.  Some passengers just started work at the power plant, the water treatment works, the hospital, fire station.  All to shut in weeks. Ryder, in the UK, realizes what’s going on but can he persuade friends to barricade themselves in a secluded valley, hiding from the amnesia bug?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 04:35:18 PM by geoffnelder »

Artemis Quark

Re: FREE for three days
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 12:08:18 AM »
Hey, Geoff. Finally got back to reading book 3 and posted a review. Five stars. Reminded me of Edgar Rice Burroughs' John Carter Mars series. The Zadokians are clearly superior to Burroughs' Barsoomians. Not surprising since they had multi-millennia to develop their telepathic skills. I enjoyed all three books very much, especially the third.

AQ

Offline geoffnelder

• Geoff's website
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 02:55:20 AM »
Thanks AQ, glad you enjoyed it. It was great fun to research and IMHO my writing style changed a little by that third book. I hope for the better. I wasn't afraid to be a tad more surreal yet still with feet grounded, even if on another planet.

Artemis Quark

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 04:23:04 PM »
It worked for me, Geoff. With the time gap between my reading the first two books and the third, I didn't notice the style change. Just enjoyed the saga. You dripped in enough recap asides to remind me of key events in the earlier books, without overdoing it. Good job.

AQ

P.S. Now that I think about it, your style in the third book reminded me of Edgar Rice Burroughs, hence my comparison made in the review. Good company to keep. Will there be an intergalactic war between the Zadokians and the Barsoomians? 🤓

Offline geoffnelder

• Geoff's website
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 04:31:59 PM »
I'm feeling sorry now for the Zadokians. They agree (or instigate) a planet-swap, only to find Earth is swamped with the mutant bindweed. How do they get rid of it? Or do they manage the plant, creating their cities inside it?

I worry about such things.

To take my mind off them, I wrote Xaghra's Revenge. A complete departure. A historical fantasy. Out on July 24th. Unless the Barbary pirates go forward in time and thwart its publication.

Artemis Quark

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 04:44:58 PM »
Since the Zadokians seem to "think" their food out of thin air, perhaps they could survive amongst the weed's loving vines, hammock style, and simply think about what to eat?

If you need a beta reader, I'd be happy to look at it. Otherwise, I'll be watching for the release. Good luck.

AQ