Poll

You have one week to vote.

A good mother.
4 (57.1%)
Inclusivity
3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: May 22, 2017, 08:21:01 AM

Author Topic: Vote: Flash Fiction #127  (Read 2071 times)

Offline kateD

Vote: Flash Fiction #127
« on: May 15, 2017, 08:21:01 AM »
A good mother.

I'm the mother of a mother. We were born one day apart, 30th April and the 1st May; I was first, of course. Not that I'm competitive, my mother always won, so I'm used to playing second fiddle. I always said I wouldn't be like my mother; she might have got the upper hand, but she was always wrong. So I decided to be a better mother, and show my daughter how to do everything properly.

She's now the mother of a darling baby daughter. From the moment Jane was born I realised I'd have to be even more proactive with my daughter. I had the responsibility of two generations of girls. It's almost redundant saying 'girls', my family don't make boys. The last male born was in 1960, and none since. He was a result of whatever 'chemicals' she was taking, not that she needed them, always had a job keeping her knickers on, that one. I'm convinced her genes were altered by the drugs. Mine are strong, untainted by anything really. Abstain is the name of the game. No alcohol, sugar, salt and sex infects us with viruses that affect our DNA!

We conceived on our wedding night, as planned, and that was the end of his conjugal rights. He doesn't mind, at least I don't think he does. He's quite nice really, anywho, enough about him.

I have to admit it's difficult being a good mother, and I sometimes think my daughter is avoiding me. I'll phone with new advice to help her become a better mother, and I do this often...she's so lucky to have a mother like me, I only hope she realises this. There have been times she hasn't picked up when I knew she was there. In fact it happens more and more.
My mother used to phone me all the time telling me how to raise my daughter. And that's why I decided I wasn't going to be like her...I was going to really help my daughter become a better mother. My friends always tell me she's so lucky to have a mother like me, when I ask.
It's lovely being a mum.

Inclusivity

Hold on there. I stand on the ice in sub-zero blasts with a damned egg between my legs, who gets the chocolate and roses? Right. Where is she now? Who knows. Took off with little miss sea horse.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 07:34:12 AM by fire-fly »

Offline kateD

Re: Sticky: Vote: Flash Fiction #127
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 07:31:23 AM »
And the Flash Fiction 127 Challenge
winner is . . .  drab!
Congratulations!

(You prosers should be ashamed ... both entries were from poets!)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 09:12:07 AM by kateD »

Offline fire-fly

• Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
Re: Vote: Flash Fiction #127
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 07:34:31 AM »
Well done Drab.  ;D
I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D

Offline drab

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 08:03:02 AM »
Thank you ladies :)
To live, with gentle but cunning deceit, and accept the consequences, is the destiny of every man.

Offline heidi52

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 09:00:17 AM »
Congratulations Drab! Well done, I liked your story.

Offline drab

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 01:25:05 PM »
Thanks Heidi  :)
To live, with gentle but cunning deceit, and accept the consequences, is the destiny of every man.

Offline Laura H

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 05:51:46 PM »
Yay, drab!
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline drab

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 06:00:24 PM »
Thanks Laura.
#128 will be coming soon  :)