Author Topic: SMILE....You know you want to!  (Read 2358 times)

Offline Angeleyes

SMILE....You know you want to!
« on: February 21, 2006, 02:47:36 AM »
Morning everyone! A dream I had last night reminded me of a funny (but true) story that happened to me. So go get a cuppa and hopefully this will make you smile.
I once worked at a large Bank and every year we had a Christmas party. Free booze etc.. there was only one bottle of my favourite drink, so I always had to drink quite fast.(much to the amusement of everyone else.) Anyway, this particular year, after one too many, I stood at the top of the stairs swaying slightly. The assistant manager saw me and put me over his shoulder using a fireman's lift, and carried me back downstairs. (I'm only 5'2' and was a lot slimmer then.)
 Later that year, we had an 'award' ceremony, with chocolate Oscars to be won. We all sat gathered round the TOP Boss for the whole Bank, as he read out awards for 'most sales' 'best timekeeper' etc..ZZZZ. Then he announced the last award, just as I was falling asleep. It was for.....wait for it.....'babe of the year'.(I'm not making this up.)
 My attention returned to what was being read out. It went something like,"For having to be carried down the stairs by 'JD'..."
 Well you can imagine, my face went as crimson as the top I was wearing! Mind you, it certainly made everyone laugh. After collecting my 'award' I couldn't get out of there fast enough!

It certainly feels like a lifetime ago. Hope it made you smile! ;)
May all your dreams come true.

Whether you think you can, or think you can't....you're right!
-Henry Ford.

Offline Symphony

• Put the kettle on
Re: SMILE....You know you want to!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 08:17:18 AM »
 ;D

Love stories like that! Why be embarrassed, though? I would have milked it for all it was worth!

Fabulous!

Offline Lobanegra

Re: SMILE....You know you want to!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 10:05:53 PM »
I definetly agree to milking that one.