Author Topic: Poetry Challenge -- National Poetry Month  (Read 3009 times)

Offline Tom 10

Poetry Challenge -- National Poetry Month
« on: April 10, 2017, 05:24:13 PM »

Poetry Challenge!  NaPo Special!

We are in the midst of April Ė which is National Poetry Month.  And thus this Poetry Challenge coincides with National Poetry Month.  

So it only seems write and fitting to make it part of the celebration. :)    So here goes.

Eligible poems for this Poetry Challenge must meet two criteria:

1.  A poem which you have written during April, 2017, National Poetry Writing Month.  

2.  The poem must have been posted at the myWritersCircle thread for the National Poetry Writing Month celebration.  See:  http://mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=61875.0   If you havenít posted there yet you can do that any time before submitting your poem(s).  It's low-key, no pressure, no serious critiquing, just fun and poetry.  Come and go as you please. :)

PM me your entries before midnight [your time], April 30.   Put NaPo Contest or some such in the subject box.

No limit to the number of entries for each writer as long as the poems meet the 2 criteria.

If you have been writing and posting a poem a day, then you have ten poems to choose from already.

If you havenít posted a poem yet to the NaPo thread, then hereís your reason - to qualify your poem for the contest.  And also to join in the festivities there.  Thereís no minimum number of poems to to be part of the NaPo thread celebration and no maximum number of poems in the contest.

Winner will get the distinction of being crowned the Grand Poetry Chieftain of NaPo and have bragging rights for an entire year.  Plus will be the guest of honor at the banquet to be arranged by CorneliusPoe.  All inquiries about the banquet should be directed to him only.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 08:51:36 AM by JewelAS53 »

Offline drab

Re: Sticky: Poetry Challenge #149 -- National Poetry Month
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 08:37:52 PM »
Hey Tom,
So if I manage to write 30 NaPo poems I can enter (inflict) them ALL?
That's such a commendable idea.
Thanks T  ;D
To live, with gentle but cunning deceit, and accept the consequences, is the destiny of every man.

Offline Tom 10

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 10:44:15 AM »

Three entries are in so far!

Lots and lots of time left, and lots and lots of storage space on my hard drive - so start gearing it up, NaPo-aristas! ;D ;D

Offline Tom 10

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 05:33:01 PM »
Five Poems are now at anchor in the Best of NaPo Poetry Challenge Harbor -- its a safe harbor, and room for many, many more.  Hint hint. :)

Offline REW

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 12:17:03 AM »
No limit???  Hahaha...Could be a serious voting frenzy.
REW

Offline Tom 10

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 04:57:51 PM »
I'm not worried - we've done 147 poems at one time before.  :)

Offline kateD

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 05:15:40 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Tom 10

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 05:21:49 PM »
And we are up to EIGHT POEMS so far for this contest!! 

Way to go, NaPo'ers.  :) :) 

Keep them coming!!
 8)

Offline DGSquared

• May the farce be with you.
    • Station Shorts
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 04:14:28 PM »
It's now April 21st and I have not been posting a poem a day. Is it okay to post 21 poems today or 11 today and 11 tomorrow and one a day thereafter to consider entering into this competition or is that cheating?
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A childís life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Offline Tom 10

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 04:38:29 PM »
It's now April 21st and I have not been posting a poem a day. Is it okay to post 21 poems today or 11 today and 11 tomorrow and one a day thereafter to consider entering into this competition or is that cheating?

Dg2  -- it is easier than all of that and I am sorry I didn't make it clearer.  For this Poetry competition, you only need to have a poem you wrote during this April, National Poetry Month, and have posted that poem to the NaPo thread in the Coffee house.  You do not have to do the 30/30 challenge.  While some of the people participating in the NaPo celebration are shooting for the 30 poems, many others are doing a lesser number - whatever works for you.  :)

Bare minimum to get in the poetry contest is write one poem, post it in the NaPo thread, then PM it to me.  That's it.  While you are on the NaPo thread, though, you might want to enjoy the great poems and poem drafts that are going up daily, and participate in the general frivolity of the thread - there's no critiquing, just urging each other on.   :)

Of course if you want to hit the 30/30 target, you can post your poems at any time during the month, as long as they are written  during April.  And you can pick as many NaPo poems as you wish to put into this poetry challenge.

Did I beat that subject to death yet? :)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 04:40:54 PM by Tom 10 »

Offline DGSquared

• May the farce be with you.
    • Station Shorts
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 05:05:17 PM »
Thank you, Tom. After rereading your initial instructions, I see you made the minimum/maximum point clear. If only I could do the same with my brain.  ::)

Sorry for pushing you to unnecessary redundancy.  :)

To make it up to you, I will participate.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A childís life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Offline Tom 10

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 06:58:55 AM »
Thank you, Tom. After rereading your initial instructions, I see you made the minimum/maximum point clear. If only I could do the same with my brain.  ::)

Sorry for pushing you to unnecessary redundancy.  :)

To make it up to you, I will participate.

YaY!!

Offline Catherine F

• I watch the ripples change their size (D. Bowie)
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2017, 02:43:58 PM »

I was part of that! Grand  :D

Offline kateD

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2017, 04:42:51 PM »