Author Topic: marketing manager  (Read 3231 times)

Offline L.Carmichael_67

• View Profile
marketing manager
« on: March 23, 2017, 10:18:56 PM »
my story is on inkitt.com and a woman who's apparently a marketing manager there contacted me about a contest they want it featured in my question is, is has anyone ever heard of her?

Lin

Re: marketing manager
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 05:24:33 AM »
It sounds like a money making thing.  Don't pay any money to be published.  Some competitions have an entrance fee to help pay for the prize money, bit like a lottery.

I don't do competitions I think they are a waste of my precious time. Also one thing I wanted to mention.  When you sign a contract for a publisher they often ask you if this novel has been published elsewhere.  I am not sure how this fits with inkitt.com They like exclusivity. This is not my field but I try not to put my work around before it goes to a publisher.  It might be a good idea to ask this question. 

Lin
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 05:30:53 AM by Lin Treadgold - Author »

Offline Bradley Shiner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 04:35:49 PM »
Hi! I also feel that it might be illicit money-making scheme. It is far better to stick to the list like that one -https://thewritelife.com/writing-contests/ when pllaning to enter any contest/comp. Best

Offline teenwriterlock

• I'm Tina. writer, learner, helper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 07:55:07 PM »
just google inkitt.....every result says scam. i've been spammed by them too. it's not worth it
huge anime fan. find my anime work here: https://commaful.com/play/anime/  planning to post alot more there soon

have a lot of writing that i haven't published yet but will soon. stay tuned! may post some here and others on wattpad or something

Offline johnnyh2

• Characters I make from clay
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Heath's World
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 07:14:12 PM »
my story is on inkitt.com and a woman who's apparently a marketing manager there contacted me about a contest they want it featured in my question is, is has anyone ever heard of her?

I donít understand how anyone could write like this ^^^ and expect to be taken seriously.

www.mindmylegs.simplesite.com

Jo Bannister

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 03:33:02 AM »
I couldn't agree more, Johnny.  If we filtered out every post that contained more than one typo, error of punctuation, spelling blooper, non sequitur or structural inadequacy that makes nonsense of the poster's claim to be interested in writing, the boards would be a lot less busy but also a lot more rewarding.

Artemis Quark

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 04:20:54 PM »
I think many of the errors are caused by 'texting syndrome". Frequent texters have accepted poor punctuation, grammar, etc. to enable more texting, LOL. (intentional use of the acronym)

What they don't understand, or maybe do not care, is the bad habit spreads into their writing. At least into first drafts that require more editing to become readable. JMO.

I tend to gloss over many posts with careless composition and do not devote serious time if the OP has decided to spend little time composing a more readable post.

AQ