Author Topic: FLASH FICTION CONTEST #125 - Deadline Extended, March 27th  (Read 4529 times)

Offline MiggsEye

Re: Sticky: FLASH FICTION CONTEST #125
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2017, 09:48:08 PM »
I'm in, just anally angsting over every word doing the final edit.  :)

This time I made myself promise not to submit and then bug the host to replace a file when I thought of an edit.  ;D

Guilty here. And multi-time offender.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 11:08:29 PM by MiggsEye »
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try” — Dr. Seuss

Offline heidi52

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2017, 06:24:51 AM »
Guilty here. And multi-time offender.

How is it the mistakes only appear after you hit "send"??

Offline Skylan

• -
Re: Sticky: FLASH FICTION CONTEST #125: Deadline Extended, March 27th
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2017, 11:14:43 AM »
Okay everyone, I've got some entries, but I think we can get a few more. Lots of people were asking for the challenge to be back, but I didn't get the submissions to reflect that, so I'm extending the deadline two weeks.

Private Message me your entries by March 27th, 1AM GMT.

That's two weeks, so everyone get writing! ;D

Offline Laura H

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 07:03:55 PM »
Yay! Plenty of time for the Writers to write.

200-500 words, include the word "time", open prompt. Who's going to accept Sky's challenge?
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline heidi52

Re: Sticky: FLASH FICTION CONTEST #125 - Deadline Extended, March 27th
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2017, 07:34:09 AM »
Amazes me that a writers' group has such dismal participation in a challenge for 200+ word stories. Don't people write on here?

Offline DGSquared

• May the farce be with you.
    • Station Shorts
Re: FLASH FICTION CONTEST #125 - Deadline Extended, March 27th
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2019, 04:48:41 PM »
Was this the beginning of the end  of MWC?

I know of a new site, I'd love to see it get off the ground and start up these writing challenges over there. It's called https://bestwritingforum.com/index.php Come on over and lets build anew!

Or..... can we start over, over here? Doesn't matter to me. Will my post here be edited for asking others to fraternize elsewhere?
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Offline nosuchmember

• Heartsong's Poetry  Diary
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2019, 05:06:13 PM »
Was this the beginning of the end  of MWC?

I know of a new site, I'd love to see it get off the ground and start up these writing challenges over there. It's called https://bestwritingforum.com/index.php Come on over and lets build anew!

Or..... can we start over, over here? Doesn't matter to me. Will my post here be edited for asking others to fraternize elsewhere?

I can see no problem- most  BWF members are  still members here at MWC.

Good luck to you in your new calling.       jt

Offline MiggsEye

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2019, 02:02:07 PM »
I got excited to see a Flash Fiction Contest not too far down the Word Play & Challenges Thread. Then got really sad when I saw it was a contest that died over two years ago—midstream during the contest. Two entries were received, but the host was extending it for more entries. Any more come in since March of 2017? What about the two entries you got? Let’s have a look at ‘em. Get this party started again.

(I know I haven’t been around in a while, but wha-happened here while I was gone?)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 02:12:16 PM by MiggsEye »
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try” — Dr. Seuss