Author Topic: Alice, A Country Gal  (Read 4142 times)

Offline wanderer

• Western Wood Artist
Re: Alice, A Country Gal
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2016, 06:01:37 PM »
We had a lot in common with Western writing and emailed often. Never knew she was ill and it certainly is sad to know.

I've been gone for a while and was shocked to hear about Ma also.

Offline fire-fly

• Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2016, 06:39:06 PM »
Yes Bill, it all happened faster then you could believe. Cancer is a horrid thing my friend.  :'(
I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D

Offline Laura H

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2016, 07:30:02 PM »
We had a lot in common with Western writing and emailed often. Never knew she was ill and it certainly is sad to know.

I've been gone for a while and was shocked to hear about Ma also.

Terrible circumstances, but it's good to see you, Wanderer. As FF said, it was all too fast for our Alice. She only found out she was sick a few months back.
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline Taylor

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2016, 07:24:49 PM »
:-* :-*

Was a shock. Alice was supposed to stay forever

I heard Alice was ill. Was too shocked to say anything. Didn't like to believe it.

It must be true now she's gone.

I won't forget her.

Rest in peace, Country Gal.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick

Offline sitalakshmi

• Always Optimistic :)
    • The Written Word
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2016, 03:36:53 AM »
Oh dear...I can't believe this. Alice was the moderator who welcomed me to the circle. In the relatively short time I've been here, I know her to be kind, insightful and overall nice person. Never knew she was ill. Rest in peace, Alice. You will be missed.

I feel terrible for not knowing this news earlier. I do not check the coffee shop that often.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 03:57:08 AM by sitalakshmi »
Keep Smiling...

Read cool little stories on my blog https://www.blogthewrittenword.weebly.com/

Offline Recon One

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2016, 06:28:09 AM »
I've floated in and out of here over the years under a couple of different avatars. At one point there was a period that I was constantly PM'ing Alice. She was a great person and will be sorely missed by all who knew her. My condolences to her family and to all her other friends.
You are never lost, you are just somewhere you don't want to be.

Offline Mastafrank

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2016, 12:54:46 PM »
I'm truly sorry but MWC just isn't the same without Alice

I think of her everyday :-* :-* :-*

She must be giving Jonny Depp Nightmares now >:D  :D :D :D

Offline fire-fly

• Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2016, 01:32:35 PM »
Ma was the Depp fan but I know what you mean mate. Miss them both heaps  :'(
I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D

Offline Mastafrank

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2016, 09:12:43 PM »
Oops :o 8)

Offline DGSquared

• May the farce be with you.
    • Station Shorts
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2019, 01:45:12 AM »
Alice's son, Rick shared this in Facebook. I only found it today but it's a beautiful picture of our lovely Alice.  http://https://www.facebook.com/alice.kiker?fref=hovercard&hc_location=none
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Offline R. L. Copple

• R. L. Copple's Author Web Site
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2019, 07:18:34 PM »
Hi DG and other folk. Can't believe it has already been about two and a half years since she passed on. Time flies. Not sure why I never did do this, but I have a treat for you all. I did a slide-show of her life in pictures at her memorial service. I still have it, and uploaded it to my website for you folk to download and check out. It is a PowerPoint presentation, which means once you download it and open it up, you just have to hit F5 to watch the slideshow. The pictures will change automatically. If you don't have powerpoint, it will run fine in LibreOffice's (Open Office) version of PPt.  It's about 44 MGs which is why I need to put it into a link to download it. So, if you want to access it to remember her by, you can do so at this link. Note: the opening slide says she was born in 1942. I found out, at the memorial service, that it should have read 1940. Just a perception that was wrong I've had all my life. Duh. Anyway, it displays pictures of her through her life that are roughly in chronological order. Thanks again for all your prayers, as I'm preparing to head out to TX to attend the memorial my younger brother who died of cancer this past month. Following is the link:

http://www.rlcopple.com/images/Alice%20Kiker.ppt

If the above doesn't post as a link, copy and paste it into your browser to download.

Offline heartsongjt

• A/K/A Jan (Sanford) Tetstone
    • Heartsong's Poetry Diary
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2019, 07:27:34 PM »
Hi DG and other folk. Can't believe it has already been about two and a half years since she passed on. Time flies. Not sure why I never did do this, but I have a treat for you all. I did a slide-show of her life in pictures at her memorial service. I still have it, and uploaded it to my website for you folk to download and check out. It is a PowerPoint presentation, which means once you download it and open it up, you just have to hit F5 to watch the slideshow. The pictures will change automatically. If you don't have powerpoint, it will run fine in LibreOffice's (Open Office) version of PPt.  It's about 44 MGs which is why I need to put it into a link to download it. So, if you want to access it to remember her by, you can do so at this link. Note: the opening slide says she was born in 1942. I found out, at the memorial service, that it should have read 1940. Just a perception that was wrong I've had all my life. Duh. Anyway, it displays pictures of her through her life that are roughly in chronological order. Thanks again for all your prayers, as I'm preparing to head out to TX to attend the memorial my younger brother who died of cancer this past month. Following is the link:

http://www.rlcopple.com/images/Alice%20Kiker.ppt

If the above doesn't post as a link, copy and paste it into your browser to download.

I didn't know Alice but I read her blog....and have read many good things about her here at MWC. I'm sure her friends will be happy to see her picture.  Thank you for sharing the link.

I'm sorry to hear about your brother.

Jan
Words are Weapons of Demons and Saints