Author Topic: time to start writing again ...  (Read 1112 times)

Offline txtightline

time to start writing again ...
« on: January 22, 2007, 03:12:49 AM »
recent developments in my life have made me realize how much I miss it ... this site was recommended by a dear freind, anyone got any quick pointers on working my way through this thing? It is freaking huge.

Offline fordy

• fordys web of words
Re: time to start writing again ...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 03:40:20 AM »
recent developments in my life have made me realize how much I miss it ... this site was recommended by a dear freind, anyone got any quick pointers on working my way through this thing? It is freaking huge.

Welcome txtightline, I hope you enjoy the site.

The shallow end is right down the bottom - called the coffee shop - not that the inhabitants of the coffee shop are shallow, you understand; it's just the easiest place to climb in.

Of course, if you are really brave, you could just jump into one of the review sections - Work, script or poetry.  You won't find too many lions in there, just a bunch of helpful encouraging people.

On the other hand, you could  just wander around for the next few weeks until you meet some people you think you would like to get to know - hopefully, that's most of us  ;D
If I always do what I always did, I'll always get what I always got.

Offline CarrieSheppard

• All it took was a visit to AZ...
    • My blog pages
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 03:41:22 AM »
Hi!

Welcome to mywritercircle.com from all the Moderators and Members on the site.  We look forward to your posts and hope you will join us to review other member's stories and poems, and leave comments on the forum to help everyone.

Everything you need is here, ask questions, learn from other posts and ask the Moderators if you need assistance with navigation around the web site.  

There is a Frequently Asked Questions  in the Author's Resource Centre (ARC) please use the SEARCH facility if you want to find a particular topic and lots of help is at hand if you get stuck along the way

Although this is an adult site, writers of all age groups are members some are as young as 9 years and still at school so please be careful with use of certain words/topics which may offend or be inappropriate.  We welcome everyone and the site is moderated constantly so is a very safe place for writers of all ages/genres.  

Please make sure you are logged on each time with your password if you want to post a topic.

All the best to you

Carrie, Lin, Jillanne, Symphony, Cathy C, Aelfwin, & Nick
Moderators
mywriterscircle.com

Offline Alice, a Country Gal

• http://www.writestreet.com/writestree
  • Hello from Texas
    • Alice's Hide Away
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 06:57:42 AM »
Hello Txtightline.  As to how this site works, roam around a bit, click here and click there, you'll soon get the hang of it I believe.  It's well laid out and you'll soon see the logic behind it. 

I look forward to seeing you and your work around the boards.

Good writing,
Alice
MWC Charity Publications.
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight>
The universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser, poet and activist (15 Dec 1913-1980)

R. L. Copple's: http://www.rlcopple.com/

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
-Mohandas K. Gandhi

Offline SheWritesRight

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 06:34:59 PM »
Hi txlightline

Welcome.

THis site is really easy to navigate.  I once joined a forum that was so confusing that I didn't even make a posting before I quit the site - life's too short.

This site is a breeze to navigate, and like the advice already given, just click around on the different topics and you'll soon find it easy.  There's lots of word games going on too if you like quick posts.

Enjoy
Whenever I'm doing something else, I know I should be writing.
Whenever I'm writing, I know there are other things I should be doing.

Offline paramour

• My name is Pinky!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 02:24:44 PM »
Welcome! So glad you are here! I you will love it - I do so much! Lots of friendly folks and very helpful! Also, this board is awesome. It is so full of stuff. And...it's addicting as well! :)
~paramour.