Author Topic: Bio, EEEK!  (Read 4737 times)

Offline heidi52

Re: Bio, EEEK!
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2016, 08:12:52 AM »
80 iterations later, I decided to keep it brief and cut it down to the essentials. And change the POV to third as was suggested. Not the most exciting, perhaps, but workmanlike I hope.

Heidi Scholes lives in Massachusetts on a little farm shared with her wonderfully supportive husband and the critters both tame and wild. When not reading, writing or gardening, she’s often indulging in her other passion, which is riding horses.

And I decided to use my avatar picture. It's got the hat and the sunglasses as we discussed.  ;D

Easy peasy.

Thank you to everyone who took time to check in. Don't know what I'd do without you guys.

Offline Simple Things

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2016, 08:17:52 AM »
:) keep it simple :)

I did this!

:P and of course a smiley face as a picture(done in crayon to suit a flamboyant taste).

Offline Catherine F

• I watch the ripples change their size (D. Bowie)
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2016, 09:47:46 AM »
Great Heidi! Will we get a chance to read your story here too? Hope you win  :D

Artemis Quark

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2016, 09:48:33 AM »
I like it, Heidi. I would strike a few words (see below) in honor of the drabble. Thirty-five words—easy peasy. Use or lose. Good luck.

Heidi Scholes lives in Massachusetts on a little farm shared with her wonderfully supportive husband and the critters both tame and wild. When not reading, writing or gardening, she’s often indulging in her other passion, which is riding horses.

Offline Catherine F

• I watch the ripples change their size (D. Bowie)
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2016, 09:57:09 AM »
I like AQ revision. But I had to look up critters (I thought it was a "brand" of dogs, or horses, like Dalmatians or Dachshunds  ;D )

Offline Vienna

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2016, 12:23:12 PM »
why are people scared of writing a bio? Especially writers. I find that quite funny.
Just a well-read punk peasant

Going to church makes you a christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car!

Offline heidi52

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2016, 12:53:00 PM »
Have you done a lot of them Richard? Got any good examples?

I've never found it enjoyable to toot my own horn, maybe that's why I find them challenging.

I went back and read the other winners' Bios and they were longer, more detailed than what I have. I'll see what they say and if they even need it. I doubt I made it past Honorable Mention and they don't do the whole write up for those.

But good exercise nonetheless, if not today, I'm sure I will need it someday.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 12:58:31 PM by heidi52 »

Offline Laura H

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2016, 01:04:04 PM »
I like it, Heidi.  :)
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline Vienna

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2016, 05:36:11 AM »
No Heidi I haven't written many. Just one  or two. But if I had to I would, no prob.
Just a well-read punk peasant

Going to church makes you a christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car!