Author Topic: Squints  (Read 1586 times)

Offline AntonioM

• I am all that is myself
Re: Squints
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2016, 10:30:10 PM »
The well-rounded structure of the sonnet is what makes its ornateness quite remarkable. Technically, it performs superbly. The setting is designed with water and dampness in mind to give a sense of attitude and depression. This attitude is met with verses of love-lost. It requires a few passings to appreciate the level of detail. If the piece were to fail in the elements, it may be its brevity. Seems ripe for villanelle.

Best,

ARM
ARM

Offline Alocated

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2016, 12:52:14 AM »
I'd just like to say that you're all very smart and talented, and that this is a terrific, vivid poem that I sorely wish I wrote  ;D

I hope to be this good one day.

Ayden

Offline matty11

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2016, 01:43:43 AM »
Matty - you gave me a start - the image you note is not from one of my prior poems, although I am not above pillaging my poems pile for what might be put to current use. One of my big fears is subconsciously or inadvertently stealing from another's work, the fear of mistaking a recollection for an original thought.   I googled the phrase and thankfully did not get a hit.   Smiley

Know what you mean Tom, though wasn't suggesting that here. Thought you may have 'pillaged' one of your old poems. Anyway enjoyed.

best

matty