Author Topic: Re: Hello!  (Read 2845 times)

Offline Weysider

Re: Hello!
« on: January 06, 2006, 09:46:11 AM »
Hi Nick,
Thanks for today's newsletter.  It worked - I'm on board!
Garry Pierrepont (Weysider)

Note: I moved this message to the Welcome Board from Re: Hello, where it might have been overlooked. Nick - GM.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 10:09:31 AM by Nick »

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • Entrepreneur Writer
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 10:03:54 AM »
Hi Garry

Glad my step-by-step instructions worked. Welcome aboard!

Nick
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

SuzieHarris

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 11:15:19 AM »
Hi Gary,

Pleased to meet you. I look forward to getting to know you!

Suzie x

Offline Weysider

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 11:34:44 AM »
Thanks Nick and Suzie.

I've also just started my own blog!
At:  http://easternpropertypurchase.blogspot.com/

Great fun, and it might be useful to someone somewhere.
So, how do I make money out of it?

Offline aelfwin

• Unicorn, the symbol of fantasy
    • The Aelf's Bloggery
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 06:31:19 PM »
Hi Garry, glad you could join us. Aelf

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • Entrepreneur Writer
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 04:43:36 AM »
Hi Garry

Interested to read your blog - good luck with your property purchase in Prague!

The easiest way to make money from your blog will be to add Google AdSense advertising. This is very easy to do in Blogger. Just log in and go to Change Settings, then click on the Template tab, followed by AdSense. You will be invited to log in to your AdSense account here, or if you don't yet have one there is a link to the application page. As your blog is already up and running, you should be accepted for AdSense without difficulty.

Once you have AdSense on your blog, Google will pipe in context-relevant advertising. Every time someone clicks on one of these ads, you will receive a share of the fee paid by the advertiser concerned (the other part of the fee goes to Google). You're unlikely to make a fortune from this, but the more visitors you get, the more money you will make.

There's more info about this in the thread in the Market Info section started by Goldanon titled "Here's a new website I joined for free...' By the way, while I wasn't over-impressed with the opportunity on offer at this site, it does include a useful page of suggestions for promoting your blog, which you could just as easily apply to a blog hosted on Blogger.com.

AdSense advertising is also discussed in back issues of my E-Writer newsletter, e.g. at http://www.nickdaws.co.uk/ew026.htm. And finally, an e-book on this subject I highly recommend is The Definitive Guide to Google AdSense by William Charlwood. More info on this can be found at http://tinyurl.com/3sn6p.

Hope this helps!

Nick GM

Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.