Author Topic: Speculative Fiction/Horror Stories  (Read 1696 times)

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • Entrepreneur Writer
Speculative Fiction/Horror Stories
« on: November 08, 2006, 05:10:42 AM »
Dark Recesses Press is currently accepting short stories in these genres for their next edition. Here's what their publisher, Bailey Hunter, says on the Absolute Write forum at http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38230

Dark Recesses Press is open to submissions for issue 5 and beyond.

We accept dark speculative fiction and horror works between 500-5000 words. A free screen resolution, non-printing dowloadable PDF of issue #4 is available for you to look at and get a feel for the types of work we prefer.

We have changed our reading periods to better accommodate our submitters and editors. We have also increased our pay rates to 3 cents/word USD. Full submission details are on our site here: Submission Info

Our 3rd installment of the themed DejaVu Horror Contest is open, with a winner takes all prize of $500 USD. As part of the prize package you also get a signed, numbered HC edition of the anthology "Bloodstained Oz" and publication in Issue 6 of Dark Recesses Press.

The deadline for the contest is November 30th, 2006 and there is a $5 entry fee.

Full details on the contest can be found here: Contest Info

As always, I look forward to reading your submissions.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at baileyhunter@darkrecesses.com. Your subject line should contain the word 'Query' so that I can respond in haste.

Thank you,

Bailey Hunter, Publisher
Dark Recesses Press
www.darkrecesses.com

The dark recesses of your mind are our playground... And we don't play fair. www.darkrecesses.com

Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.