Author Topic: What´s in a name  (Read 1413 times)

Offline The Matelot

• PATAGOMÁNIA
What´s in a name
« on: February 19, 2006, 01:37:46 PM »
Hi all,
At the present I´m working on 5 titles, of different genres:

A small business plan for my new country, small business accounting, a foundation book for learning a foreign language. a travel guide and a humerous account of my life to date.

My full name is Thomas Steele Daly.

So, would I be wise, at the time of publication, to use different permutations of my name relevant to the genre or contiune with one chosen version?

As you´ll see from my name, my middle name is well known in the writing world, and also my last name, however hers has an added `e´, as in Daley.

This is just one of those little nagging questions that keeps pooping into the forefront of my topsy-turvy mind.

Any opinions?
Regards
Tam

I like talking to a brick wall, it's the only thing in the world that never contradicts me - Oscar Wilde

Offline Anitadee

Re: What´s in a name
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 02:27:08 PM »
For what it is worth, I would use T S Daly for the first three publications and Thomas S Daly for the last two. When you come to publication,you will be advised if there could be any confusion with a well known author.
anitadee ::)

Offline The Matelot

• PATAGOMÁNIA
Re: What´s in a name
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 04:22:30 PM »
Thanks Anita,
I wasn´t aware of the confusion with well known author issues. Good point to keep in mind.

Tam
I like talking to a brick wall, it's the only thing in the world that never contradicts me - Oscar Wilde