Author Topic: Vale Ma100  (Read 15457 times)

Offline Maimi

Re: Sticky: Vale Ma100
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2016, 05:48:40 PM »
Oh please, refresh our memories, we need it.  :)
Random one-liners keep popping up.

"Did I really says that?" (Of course she did. Without MA, I would have never known memory shorts out when the temper flares. :))

"You're American ... did you lose the plot of my story?"

"You must have the same doctor as me. He prescribed chocolate."

"Yep, you pretty much got it. And you're from a different country."

I see a theme with a few of them. ::)

Offline fire-fly

• Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2016, 05:53:31 PM »
 :D :D

Foreigners never made any sense did they.

I do remember the many rants about the half sis's cat, my how she loved them. But Lump ended up winning her heart.
I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2016, 06:02:29 PM »
Do you remember how she created Ma-Space?  She decorated the tiny little half room in colours to suit herself, made sure there was Ma sized furniture, and a little desk for her laptop.  A writer's dream room.  Just big enough for a writer and her laptop, but not big enough to be used as occasional storage by other residents.

"But there's only one chair."

"Yes.  It's mine."

Then she gave it up when her half-sis and her moggies moved in.

Gyppo
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 06:04:36 PM by Gyppo »
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2016, 06:08:33 PM »

Yep I remember that one clearly. She didn't want to give it up though  ::) ::)

Then all that wall paper removal and adding, and decorating and fussing over colours etc, she had it all going on, till her knickers froze  ;)

Offline Mastafrank

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2016, 07:08:54 PM »
God bless her and her frozen knickers :D

Offline 510bhan

• So many jobs to do . . .
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2016, 08:15:05 PM »
Lots of Ma nonsense in here: http://mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=14186.5610  ;D ;D ;D ;D Mainly about rum and Johnny Depp. ::)

Offline Annmarie

• Got my kinky boots on. Watch out!
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2016, 01:42:45 AM »
I can hear her chatting away with her ghosts.
 :)
 What a great hearted woman, and a mentor to me and others, nudging us to be braver and tougher.

I sent her a box of yummy Germany chocolates for Christmas and hope she got a bit of sweet joy from them.

Here's a breakfast rum raised for Mairi and her wit and love on a hot scooter!
Work hard. Believe. Take a chance.

Offline Matt Walker

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2016, 05:12:35 AM »
I am so sorry to hear this. She gave her time so willingly and selflessly and helped me so much as a mod. You'll be missed, Ma.
Represented by Sarah Manning of The Agency Group/United Talent Agency

www.walkerproductions.co.uk

Offline bri h

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2016, 06:40:39 AM »
When i first came to the circ, i was an argumentative brat. A miner with a chip on his shoulder. And so i would always be gettin pm's off the Mods. Ma was the first one to see thru to the inner me. So she gave me the 'straight talk'.  I'll always be thankful to Ma and the rest of the mods for their patience with me. But i too remember those hats. Bein a hat person myself, i always liked Ma just that little bit more for what she had to offer. I remember too the seemingly hap-hazard strings of the Olym-pinks. All brought together somehow by Ma pulling the strings. I always got an up-dated image of the wicked Witch of the West when i thought of Ma on her scooter. And i never did find out the story behind those frozen knickers. And i did ask. One thing ive learned thru these long years of my life has been, 'dont mess with women with fire in their eyes'.  I still see those two fiery sky-blues looking at me. I'll miss you Ma. And the circle will too. God Bless Yuh. Bri. X
Fare thee well Skip. We're all 'Keening' now. xbx

hillwalker3000

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2016, 06:47:32 AM »
So sad to hear this news. She gave me a couple of wrist slaps when I first joined MWC - the same way a caring mother would tick off an errant child. She was Ma to us all and will be sadly missed.

H3K

Offline Cathy C

• Procrastination is the thief of time.
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2016, 07:31:31 AM »
It’s been a while since I posted here, but when I heard about Ma I had to come pay my respects.

Hard to believe so many years have passed since I first met Ma, as a newbie on these boards – I think it was 2007! She had such a zest for learning, was never afraid to ask the ‘stupid’ questions. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone learn as much in such a short space of time, or grow as a writer. She worked so hard on Drew and her beloved ghosties.

What I remember most about her was her willingness to help,  giving  her time and her experience to anyone who asked. Although, woe to anyone to tried to take advantage of her good nature. She wasn’t slow on setting them straight. Lol

She brightened up many a dark evening with her humour. Often we’d be chatting on the ‘boards’ and she’d be sending PM’s to all and sundry at the same time. She was the first person I knew to get locked out of her messages for going over the limit. That woman could talk! Lol

You know I hate rum, Ma, but I will raise a glass of the vile stuff in your honour.

Mairi – you were a friend to all, and you will be sorely missed.

Novel: Where There’s Smoke. Published by Fireborn publishing http://amzn.to/2tZKNCn

Short Story: A Killer Week Published by Bridge House http://amzn.to/2rhLVAX

Offline Dawn

• Dawn
  • 'Kinky boobs? Really, well I never.'
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2016, 11:43:54 AM »
I keep waiting for the right words to come - nothing. Mairi was not only the best mentor I could wish for but a good friend too. She helped me in so many ways with my writing, and for that, I will be eternally grateful, and deeply saddened to have lost our friend.

Let's all raise our glasses (Rum of course) 'To Mairi, may she be dancing the light fandango and free of the 'Spazmobile' (her words not mine)
Time to take it serious and get the job done

Offline Xerika

• Rob Johnson - writing, podcasting and reluctantly olive farming
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2016, 01:18:49 PM »
I haven't been around on MWC for a while, but wanted to pay my respects after I heard this very sad news about Ma. (Thank you, firefly, for letting me know.)

Funny, straight talking and incredibly generous with her time in helping others, she will be sorely missed.

RIP, Ma. It was a privilege to know you.
http://rob-johnson.org.uk/ - writing, podcasting and reluctant olive farming

"I'd Rather Eat My Own Face" podcast. The truth about olive harvesting. http://wp.me/p2bC2C-8U

"If it sounds like writing, I rewrite it." - Elmore Leonard

Offline Alice, a Country Gal

• http://www.writestreet.com/writestree
  • Hello from Texas
    • Alice's Hide Away
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2016, 02:00:13 PM »
It occurred to me this morning, Ma didn't step down as a moderator, she just moved to a different platform.

Keep up the great job of moderating Ma. We'll miss you, but know you are with us in your heart.
MWC Charity Publications.
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight>
The universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser, poet and activist (15 Dec 1913-1980)

R. L. Copple's: http://www.rlcopple.com/

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
-Mohandas K. Gandhi

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2016, 05:39:35 PM »
Wow Ma, you must be proud of all the messages from people you thought didn't have much time for you because you put them in the naughty corner. Bet you have a big box of tissues beside you and a smile as wide as the ocean.

She brightened up many a dark evening with her humour. Often we’d be chatting on the ‘boards’ and she’d be sending PM’s to all and sundry at the same time. She was the first person I knew to get locked out of her messages for going over the limit. That woman could talk! Lol

This was a regular occurrence for Ma. For the members who do not know, if you reach 20 PM's in quick concession, not sure of the time frame, you are locked out of your PM's for 20 minutes I think. Ma would end up in the Modshack whining (which is usually SpellChick's job) about not being able to chat. Had us all giggling in the background and sending her PM's just to tick her off a bit more.  ::) ::) ::) She always got even one way or the other.

The last couple of days have been hard you old bag and distance is all our greatest enemy. You are the one person I wanted to sit and chat with face to face. Remember the time mate, we were chatting via skype or whatever it was those years ago and Fred came home for lunch. We had chatted about our kids and animals and husbands etc for hours, the time flew and you had forgotten to get his lunch ready.  :D :D Sorry Fred, it was my fault. She is just so easy to chat too, sounding like the Queen and all.  :-* :-*