Author Topic: Hi from ChipTee  (Read 4117 times)

Offline ChipTee

Hi from ChipTee
« on: January 06, 2006, 09:21:57 AM »
Didn't get round to The Forum over Christmas and New Year, but here now.
I live - and write when I can - in the SW UK mainly short stories, have a novel on the back burner and I'm attempting a 3 act play, a first for me, against a 28th February deadline, which looks tough from where I am. Still deadlines concentrate the mind.

Lin

Re: Hi from ChipTee
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 10:41:15 AM »
Welcome to the Forum.   I agree deadlines focus the mind and push you on into eternity!!   Well done to have got this far.

Its a new site here, but the folks seem very keen to learn.  You can see my synopsis First and Last Outpost if you wish to comment - I think you will like it coming from the SW UK. 

All the best and keep writing on the site.

Lin

Offline ChipTee

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 10:51:17 AM »
Thanks Lin (hope I'm posting this to the right place).
I'll take a look at First and Last. I wrote a short story recently which had a Scilly Isles sequence in it. At the moment it is entered for a competition so I can't put it on the site. Gues I could email to you outwith if you were interested. Although I know people on Scilly I have only visited once, by boat on passage from Waterford to Dartmouth. Enjoyed the islands a lot.
All best, Chip Tee

Lin

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 11:04:48 AM »
Yes I know lots of people on the islands too.   I think you might like to look at Nicks reply to my question about posting synopses on the Review board.   The question is on my  novel  review subject toward the end.  Hope this is of interest to you. He tells me about posting the story before publication and how much to reveal.   Interesting for me.

The Scillies are the best place in the world for me - and Ive done a lot of travel to all corners of the earth, I adore the place having visited about 11 times in my life.  Great place for a story.

OK keep in touch.

Lin

SuzieHarris

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 11:14:30 AM »
Hi Chip Tee,

We haven't met. Pleased to see you here. Good luck with the deadlines. I have one or two myself but I actually enjoy them, hehe. They are a kick up the bum to get going when you don't want to. Editors won't take 'I'm sorry I didn't feel like it' as an excuse, but they are speechless when you come in on time or ealier!  ;) Earns you brownie points and you'll find they seek you out for future work too.

Suzie x

Offline aelfwin

• Unicorn, the symbol of fantasy
    • The Aelf's Bloggery
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 06:29:24 PM »
Hi Chip Tee, Welcome aboard. Aelf