Author Topic: A Free ebook promo for Trouble on the Straits using Thunderclap  (Read 6449 times)

Artemis Quark

A Free ebook promo for Trouble on the Straits using Thunderclap
« on: November 12, 2015, 01:11:29 PM »
I’ve set up a repeat of the freebie ebook promo offered six weeks ago. This time, it will be broadcast with a Thunderclap.

What is Thunderclap? It’s a new website that allows people to pledge to Tweet or Facebook a message all on the same day at the same time—to achieve maximum effect building awareness. It’s like an online flash mob to raise awareness of my novel Trouble on the Straits. The thunderclap will occur on Thursday, November 26.

I need 100 supporters for the Thunderclap to launch on Nov 26. Just 13 days away.

Click on this link ( http://thndr.me/7wVgqI ) and choose either “Support with Twitter” or “Support with Facebook” or both! Then, add your name to the Thunderclap and on November 26 everyone that signed up will automatically post on Facebook and Twitter. The message will be:

A former Navy SEAL finds Trouble on the Straits of Florida: sharks, treasure, drug cartels & more. Get a free copy. http://thndr.me/Llbat2

Thunderclap will network supporter’s Twitter and Facebook contacts to broadcast a few hundred thousand simultaneous posts. The link in the message goes to my Amazon ebook page. Hopefully, the buzz and awareness created will result in more downloads and, with luck, more reviews to boost Kindle store ranking.

Your help with TOTS thus far and for this new promotion is greatly appreciated. Please help. Click to start: http://thndr.me/7wVgqI

AQ
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 01:29:13 PM by Artemis Quark »

Artemis Quark

Re: A Free ebook promo for Trouble on the Straits using Thunderclap
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 06:35:31 AM »
Thanks for you support, Vogel. Still a long way to go.  ;D

AQ

Offline sallyj

• The Writing Blog of Sally Jenkins
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 03:35:11 PM »
I've just signed up. I've heard about Thunderclap before but not used it or taken part before. Will be interesting to see how you get on. Good Luck!

Artemis Quark

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 04:04:49 PM »
I've just signed up. I've heard about Thunderclap before but not used it or taken part before. Will be interesting to see how you get on. Good Luck!

Tx, Sally. Will keep you posted.

Offline Vogel

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 04:54:19 PM »
You're welcome.  :) Hope you get more people than you need.

Artemis Quark

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 12:00:54 PM »
Thanks for supporting me, Sio. Let's make some thunder.

Artemis Quark

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 11:15:27 AM »
RESISTANCE TO SIGN UP AS A SUPPORTER ON THUNDERCLAP

I have received some feedback from friends regarding my Thunderclap free ebook promo. They are hesitant to entrust a third party with access to their follower/friend lists. Not sure why, but I contacted Thunderclap about it and they offered the following paragraph which I have added to the message on my thunderclap for Trouble on the Straits.

"Thunderclap uses the absolute minimal set of permissions allowed by Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr in order to post a single, one-time message on your behalf. Sometimes this includes additional permission we do not use in any shape or form. We take your privacy very seriously and will never update your profile or send messages on behalf of your friends."

Offline sallyj

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 11:47:23 AM »
That response from Thunderclap is reassuring. I can understand people being hesitant about taking part hopefully that will reassure them.

Artemis Quark

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 01:49:54 PM »
Thanks, Sally. With 8 days left to reach 100 supporters and only ten sonfar, it doesn't look like there will be any thunder on November 26. Instill plan to offer the ebook FREE from 25 Nov through 26 Nov so grab a copy if you have a chance.

AQ

Artemis Quark

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 08:08:48 AM »
There will be no Thunderclap but my ebook is still available free November 25-26. Get your copy and post a review. Your support is appreciated.

AQ

Offline lan

• Ook.
    • Author page
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 03:18:57 AM »
Got mine and reviewed :)
http://45thnail.com
http://ianlahey.wixsite.com/author
"Words is just words without the place."
Sgt. James Savorski

Artemis Quark

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 10:15:35 AM »
Got mine and reviewed :)

Thanks, Ian.

[Almost finished with the 45th Nail ARC. Great story. Well done]

Offline sallyj

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2015, 02:21:51 PM »
Downloaded & tweeted. But will be awhile before I have time to read it.
Best of luck!

Artemis Quark

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2015, 02:46:25 PM »
Thanks, Sally.

Artemis Quark

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2015, 08:27:11 AM »
Wow! Woke up this morning to a high Kindle store ranking. Thanks to all that have supported my book. 189 more free copies have been downloaded, added to the 134 last free promo Oct 1-3.

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #758 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Sea Adventures

Edit: Just checked for updates with 17 hours to go in the freebie promo. More than 220 downloads in the first 30 hours.

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #777 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Sea Adventures
#5 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 10:22:12 AM by Artemis Quark »