Author Topic: A Story Idea I Have For A Script  (Read 2158 times)

Offline Makavelli

A Story Idea I Have For A Script
« on: November 07, 2015, 04:16:45 PM »
When I write I try and be as realistic as possible, so an idea for a story that I have goes like this:

A group of investors collude with one another to collapse the dollar. Wreaking havoc in NYC, a domestic terrorist group begins to take advantage of the power vacuum due to the chaos and starts attacking the government.

My main character a former Marine is being framed for orchestrating the attacks and must clear his name, in trying to do so he uncovers a hugr conspiracy that reaches all the way to the Governor who is a candidate in the Presidential elections.

My concern is that this is too complicated to follow and too over the top.

Tony_A20

Re: A Story Idea I Have For A Script
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 09:38:26 AM »
Hello Makavelli - perhaps you mean "Machiavelli"?

I think your concern is quite correct. You have several script ideas here:

"A group of investors collude with one another to collapse the dollar."

"a domestic terrorist group" "starts attacking the government."

"a former Marine is being framed for orchestrating the attacks and must clear his name"

"a former Marine" uncovers a huge conspiracy that reaches all the way to the Governor who is a candidate in the Presidential elections."

One is enough.

Tony

Offline PencilPop

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 10:19:57 PM »
I don't think theirs too much going on and is worth exploring. I'd like to know how you plan to tie it all in?

Offline Makavelli

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 01:53:22 AM »
The way I would tie it in is: A group of bankers seeking to get the Governor elected, crashes the economy in order to create "order out of chaos." While investigating corruption in New York the former Marine (now a contractor for a security firm) uncovers the plot, thus the plotters decide to pin the forth coming attacks on him to silence him forever.

It's basically taking the premise of a number of conspiracy theories and playing them out. It wouldn't be a movie - their be no time at all it would be more suited as a TV series, on premium cable, HBO and the like.

Offline Robert.OSullivan

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 12:32:03 PM »
I like how imaginative the idea is. But I have to agree with the earlier replies, there is too much going on, especially for a film. It may work as a 6-10 episode mini-series (like Fargo, True Detective etc)

I think the idea is very well thought-out, but you have to be wary when writing not to do too much if you know what I mean.

I'm interested to know if you've decided to pursue this idea to make a film/series.

And your name really reminded me of Joey's character ' "Mack" Mackavelli ' in Mack and CHEESE.