Author Topic: Would value some feedback on a platform I've been working on.  (Read 1331 times)

Offline booklly

Would value some feedback on a platform I've been working on.
« on: September 23, 2015, 02:15:10 AM »
Hi all MWC members,

My name is Janko and I'm writing to you on behalf of my team at Booklly.com. We are all passionate readers, with lots of experience in the digital world (developers, designers, creatives and digital marketers). We are trying to create a new platform for writers and inspired readers to create together. But as I said we are all mostly just readers so your feedback, from someone that actually writes a lot, would really mean the world to us as we are just starting out!

The platform that we are creating enables you to co-write collaboratively with the whole world (short contributions to the story, min 1700 CHARS), but it is really just easier to see the short video (under 2 minutes) about the platform if anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGQUfHsy22c

The thing is here, we have have the most amazing feedback from readers, they love the platform, the idea of it and the way they can read and create content... They go on the site, register and check almost all of the content right away. But since we are a new platform we are missing on content to keep readers on the site, so we are focusing heavily on the writers.

One of the thing our readers love most about us is the ability to involve themselves with writers and contribute to the story. Because they can jump in anytime and write a short piece of their own. That means they engage with the writers and they are creating a bond with them and their stories. So we would like to use that and offer certain benefits and ways for the writers to promote their already published work through this community.

We are in process of creating user profiles for the writers. In your profile you would be able to add jour social network links, blogs etc. But you would be also able to add links to books or other content you have already created or published elsewhere (Link to Amazon store, PDF downloads...) and we would promote that content of yours through the entire site (using different methods we are still testing and thinking about).

??? So I would like to start a discussion here with you all. Some of the things we are trying to find out are:
- Why would you use platform like this?
- What would it have to offer to be of some kind of value to you?
- What do you think of collaborative writing with your fans, potential readers or even other co-authors?
- If you don't like the idea at all, why not? What would we have to change?

... And any other opinion, feedback or question you have on mind would be great and appreciated!

I would just like to state once more that this is not meant as any kind of promotion or spam! Admins if I put the discussion in the wrong part of the forum or I did something else wrong, please let me know and I will fix it right away! Your opinion and perspective on the platform we are trying to create here really means a lot to us and we thank you all from the bottom of our hearts if you will participate in the conversation.

Thank you all, wish you a great day full of inspiration!

Offline booklly

Re: Would value some feedback on a platform I've been working on.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 03:16:43 PM »
Hey all,
so over a hundred writers (and we have thousands of readers every month) already joined Booklly and some quite interesting stories are being co-writen together  8)

We are thinking about implementing some promotional tools for writers in the future, so you could add your published books and links to them (on amazon or other online book stores) and we would promote these books on our platform next to our content. We have lots of ideas how to implement this, but I would like to hear some more from you? Where and how do you promote your books (social media, blogs), what are the results, how hard is it to get sales?

Looking forward to read your thoughts  ;)