Author Topic: Jason's World - Pilot - Part 2 - Adult Content  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Lucas_Knight

Jason's World - Pilot - Part 2 - Adult Content
« on: July 01, 2015, 08:27:13 AM »
Jason waits for Bill's response.

Bill hesitates.

BILL
Clockwork... Thatís brilliant! Write that down everybody. You see that? Thatís an example of the standards I hold to this team.

The team of marketers write on their note pads.

BILL (CONTíD)
This is how ideas are born. Clockwork! A new sexual enhancement pill for todayís generation, now!

Bill clicks the remote controlling his presentation.

BILL (CONT'D)
To pitch this idea, as much as I trust my fellow colleagues, the ship has sailed for grumpy old men like myself. The company is looking for someone young! New! Fresh! Luckily for them, Iíve got the perfect candidate. If only he found it more interesting than his phone.

Jason, again, looks up from his phone.

JASON
Youíre giving this job to me?

BILL
We need you to fly out to Los Angeles this Friday.

JASON
Isnít that a little soon?

BILL
What can I say? Our clients are excited to get the ball rolling. Only a few final touches and youíll be off at 7:00 AM.

Jason is hesitant.

BILL (CONTíD)
So what do you say, Jason? Are you going to play hard to get? Or, are you going to play ball.

JASON
Iíll, um, Iíll do it.

BILL
See? That wasnít so hard, was it? You can pick up your flight information and plane ticket from Judie at the front desk. Oh, and Jason, try to stay off your phone. There's a lot of money invested into this project. Meeting adjourned!

INT. JASONíS APARTMENT- AFTERNOON

Jason dials his phone and waits for a response.

Jasper picks up.

JASPER (O.S.)
Jasper! In the flesh!

JASON
Hey Jass, it's Jason.

JASPER
Duh! It's 2015! Itís called caller ID! Did you decide to crawl out from under that rock yet?

JASON
Well, that's why Iím calling. Iíve been assigned to pitch a product in LA. Iím flying out this weekend, and --

JASPER
And you're staying with me, right?

JASON
Yes. Thatís... That is what I was going to ask you!

JASPER
Of course you can! What, do you think, I'm not gonna give my little brother a place to lay his head in my own town? What am I, republican?

JASON
I, uh... I suppose not.

JASPER
We are going to have the time of our lives, Jason! I can take you to the Abbey, Mickeyís, Trunks, and we can have brunch at Hamburger Maryís!

JASON
Well don't get too far ahead of yourself, Iíll only be out there til Tuesday. Itís a business trip, Jasper.

JASPER
And itís my business to put a smile on your face!

JASON
Anyway, can you pick me up from LAX around 1:00 PM on Friday?

JASPER
No... Are you kidding me, of course I can! I never leave anyone hanging, pun intended!

JASON
Thats... Funny. Youíre funny Jasper.

JASPER
I have to go, hun! Time to prepare and plan and... Clemency's stick! Iím excited!

JASON
Who's Clemency?

Jasper hangs up.

INT. PLANE- AFTERNOON

Jason is seated starring at a white bottle of pills labeled "Clockwork" in permanent marker.

FLIGHT ATTENDANT
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Los Angeles International Airport. The
local time is 1:03 PM and the temperature is 83 degrees Fahrenheit.

Jason murmurs to himself.

JASON
Eighty three? Are you kidding me?

INT. LAX BAGGAGE CLAIM- SAME AFTERNOON

As Jason waits for his luggage, he notices an acne commercial for clear skin on the TV provided across the way. He sees ORLANDO, over dramatically acting on the commercial.

Jason decides to shoot him a text reading: "Hey man! Long time no see! Iím in town for a few days. Let's catch up :)"

On his way out, he constantly checks his phone and receives three messages in a row from his mother, reading:"Why do you ignore me, Jason Iím your mother!Ē, "You do not respect me as a human being and thatís fine. I just donít care anymore.", and the third, Well I love you and your father does care."

Jason calls back his mother. She picks up on the first ring.

NANCY
Jason? Sweetie, are you okay? You haven't answered ya phone in days! What, you don't love us anymore?

JASON
No ma! I've been busy. I'm in LA on a business trip. Iím gonna be staying with Jasper for a few days.

NANCY
Hold on, let me get ya father. Robert! Jasonís on the phone!

Offline Lucas_Knight

Re: Jason's World - Pilot - Part 2 - Adult Content
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 08:37:54 AM »
Thank you for taking time to read the second part of my pilot. I can't wait to hear your thoughts and opinions :)

Offline BailsTheNoShellSnail

Re: Jason's World - Pilot - Part 2 - Adult Content
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 11:57:06 PM »
He script wasn't too bad, It did get me intrigued. I read your previous post and I like the concept as well.
This play could become very enjoyable.

Offline BailsTheNoShellSnail

RE
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 11:58:52 PM »
*the script, sorry about the spelling mistakes new keyboard.  :P