Author Topic: The MWC Bar/Red Barren Bar  (Read 6239017 times)

nassj

Re: The MWC bar
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2006, 11:28:51 AM »
I think i did read that actually.I was impressed you managed to keep on typing

So was I.

memnoch

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2006, 11:31:14 AM »
think of what could have happened!!! You could have crashed the thread. You could have damage the site or thrown up all over the Coffee Shop!!! SHAME ON YOU BOTH!!!!!!!!!
Don't get tipsy and type its against the law

memnoch

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2006, 11:31:26 AM »
oh that was rubbish

nassj

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2006, 11:32:59 AM »
Cathy was the drunkest. She is so funny. She's a dude.

memnoch

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2006, 11:35:06 AM »
a dude as in cool or a dude as in man :o

;D

PaulW

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2006, 11:35:57 AM »
Can I ramble about my bad day in work? I keep getting talked down to cause I'm the youngest. :-[

Yes you can - permission granted ;D

Tell us what you do and who annoyed you and we'll mock them in verse and prose until their little putrid souls wither and die! ;D

nassj

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2006, 11:40:59 AM »
OK, I was asked if I had ever heard of some folk singing band and I said no. Honest answer.
 "Oh my god, have you never heard of them! what planet have you been living on? OH guess what Candy has never heard of such and such, OH I can't believe it"
Every thing else that was mentioned after that they asked me " Have you heard of that now Candy? Do you know what this is?"
They are all well older then me, so of corse we are going to of heard of differant things, it doesn't mean I am stupid because I am young.
I'm going to bring an Eminem CD in on Monday though and blast it on the sterio. :P

PaulW

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2006, 11:49:43 AM »
Oh God Candy - what have you DONE? You've said 'folk' on the forum - you KNOW that's going to bring Carrie rushing in.

Carrie - list of obscure folk bands for Cindy please - just so she can say 'Oh but haven't you heard of THEM?' much more effective to play em at their own game on folk music (though Carrie classes eminem as folk - as do I).

Anyway Eminem's old hat now - I'm sure Iain has some more current suggestion - I've never heard of any of the ones he posts on the favourite songs thread anyway. ;D

(You better start remembering what folk groups they asked about - Carrie WILL want to know - so do I actually).

The reason they do it though is that they feel they are losing their grasp on the world so cling even harder to the out of date knowledge they have, trying to put your current knowledge down as unimportant to make them feel better. This indicates they have now entered the BOF stage of life (boring old farts), the correct response to this is 'What was it like in the war, Granny? Did you do it with a lot of service-men?' don't stress which war, though if pushed the Boer or Crimean ones are good from a historical date perspective.

Another response is 'Why on earth would I fill my mind up with that crap when I have doddering old gits like you to do it for me.'

or burst into flames and start singing God of Thunder by kiss - they might recognise that, but when you get to the 'I am the lord of the wastelands' bit, cast them into the seventh pit of hell and play Dolly Parton's greatest hits to them.

;D

nassj

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2006, 04:01:26 AM »
I would also like to add that I have nothing against folk music I jusy hadn't heard of this band they were talking about. ;D
I love the idea about bursting into flames, but I might get hurt. :(
but, I have got some black and white face paint and fake blood.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 04:04:25 AM by candy floss »

Offline sugy

• A baby squirrel.
    • View Profile
    • Golf Grumble
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2006, 02:02:39 PM »
Is this a self-service bar? Well, let me get some pure water...

Now, Paul, what have you done to that poor dragon?  :( You have twisted and turned him into a spotted duck...that too a 'diving duck'? ???

What happens if you open that bowl on top of the duck? Has the duck retained the dragon's power of spitting fire? :o

I hear a song...duck to dragon
                     dragon to duck
                        then what comes out
                           depends on my luck

Sugy joins in the song...'duck to...'
www.golfgrumble.blogspot.com
www.pleasingparadise.blogspot.com

PaulW

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2006, 02:33:57 PM »
He's an official NASA astronaut duck with the head bubble and everything! Not just a spotted duck!

And yes, I'm a were duck alternating between dragon, duck and idiot. Some could say I'm a were-idiot but I think that's just cruel!

;D

N.Mott

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2006, 03:10:56 PM »
Ah, Bubble-Duck,
boldly going into bubble-baths everywhere.

Beam me up, Spotty.

PaulW

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2006, 03:13:25 PM »
It's not a spot!! It's his space duck badge! It just looks a bit... spotty ;D

N.Mott

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2006, 03:42:22 PM »
Hubby wants to know if it gets roasted on re-entry  ;D

Are there a whole host of duckies in your garage for sale? They would make excellent Christmas presents,

Oh, No,  :o I said the C-word! Aaaaagh!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 04:20:12 PM by NaomiM »

Offline CarrieSheppard

• All it took was a visit to AZ...
    • View Profile
    • My blog pages
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2006, 07:04:46 PM »
Just as well I checked in!!

Oh God Candy - what have you DONE? You've said 'folk' on the forum - you KNOW that's going to bring Carrie rushing in.

Carrie - list of obscure folk bands for Cindy please - just so she can say 'Oh but haven't you heard of THEM?' much more effective to play em at their own game on folk music (though Carrie classes eminem as folk - as do I).

Well.... Here I am in the bar, on a Saturday night, and no othe bugger is about!  Not a one!  11 guests - one user.. ME!

Sigh..

Obscure folk bands... don't tempt me!

Here are some names of bands that I have personally been in.  Not just obscure - but crap names too!

Dumplings & Custard
Aarvark & No Money
Shave the Monkey
Shame & Scandal
Mike Mucus and the Membranes

Anyway, no one around to play with so I'm off to bed.

I can see I'm going to have to keep an eye on you lot!  Especially that Cathy. 

Carrie
www.ukfolkie.blogspot.com
www.myspace.com/carolynsheppard
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yiTf1zjnxQc
www.thecompletetrainer.com