Author Topic: The MWC Bar/Red Barren Bar  (Read 6607523 times)

Offline Noizchild

• Tokyo-Zion Academy
Re: The MWC Bar/Red Barren Bar
« Reply #123750 on: August 15, 2018, 02:15:15 PM »
How is everyone today?
"It's not food anymore, Dean! It's Darwinism!" -- Sam Winchester from "Supernatural"

J TETSTONE

« Reply #123751 on: August 30, 2018, 09:09:06 AM »
Belated answer: great, if the spammers would just leave.   I hope all the older members return soon. And kick some butt.     hint-hint

Offline DGSquared

• May the farce be with you.
    • Station Shorts
« Reply #123752 on: August 30, 2018, 12:29:40 PM »
Thank you, JameelaM, glad to see the site isn't being ignored.  Please take the following as friendly feedback. It isnít intended to be terse or mean spirited.

The thing is, we didnít have to deal with the spam problem before, and to a lot of us, it felt like the new owners and management just didnít care and werenít paying attention to our pleas for help. What made matters worse was the obvious lack of communication between the new owners and the seasoned moderators who were expected to keep the place running with reduced capabilities.

Letís face it, we were left hanging in SPAM limbo for months. Had your team reached out, our moderators and former management could have guided the site through a smoother transition if given half the chance. I donít know if it was ego, immaturity, or lack of foresight that prevented that from happening but losing the majority of the senior forum members was a hefty price to pay. Hopefully it's a lesson learned for future endeavors.

As for your invitation to help maintain the site, it needs resuscitation. If management is open to moderator's suggestions and willing to regularly communicate with, and support moderator's ideas and the input they get from other forum members, I might entertain the notion.

Here are a few thoughts for encouraging the return of some former members or growth through new members:

Nick Daws was and still is well respected by forum members. Whether it was his intent to encourage membership growth or to simply keep things interesting for established forum members, Nick ran several fun contests. One was a post count contest for a copy of, Whitesmoke software. It was fun and brought in several new forum members who turned out to be valuable contributors to the forum. The Red Barren Bar is named in honor of one of those valued and beloved forum members.

Why not try something like that?
I just checked the total post count for the forum, which a moment ago, stood at, 1,159,858 forum posts.  How about offering a tangible prize for the forum member who makes post, 1,160,000 or 1,165,000? I'm sure a clever marketing team, if they put their minds to it, could solicit or collectively spring for a decent prize in the form of writing software or something of value to a writer.

If you want to re-energize the prose, flash fiction, and poetry competitions, consider taking a year's worth or 10 of the latest winners from each category and have a, "Best Of" vote? Offer tangible prizes. For instance, spring for $5.00 - $20.00 and purchase publications from former or current writers here to offer as prizes.

That's a, 'Win-Win' because you'd be promoting MWC and supporting its writers.

Let's hope you'll be able to breathe life back into My Writer's Circle. It starts with forum owners and management who value and respect their moderating team and forum contributors. It sounds like you are well on your way to repairing the damage. I'm optimistic and look forward to seeing My Writer's Circle return to its former glory.

My two cents, for what theyíre worth. Hope it helps.

All the best,
~Deb
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 12:33:53 PM by DGSquared »
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A childís life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Offline Noizchild

• Tokyo-Zion Academy
« Reply #123753 on: August 30, 2018, 09:18:49 PM »
Nice to see more people posting here once in a while. Think the whole site needs a makeover?
"It's not food anymore, Dean! It's Darwinism!" -- Sam Winchester from "Supernatural"

JanTetstone

« Reply #123754 on: October 19, 2018, 07:15:10 PM »
Hey bartender, give me a double shot of tequila, a  beer chaser, with salt on the side.....
That should do it.    ???  I need some out time....away from those who complain and never do anything to make change.

JanTetstone

« Reply #123755 on: October 19, 2018, 08:42:23 PM »
Bartender, I need something stronger than tequila .By chance, do you have any moonshine? :-\   That should do the trick.   If it don't kill me. ;)

JanTetstone

« Reply #123756 on: October 19, 2018, 09:39:03 PM »
Sorry, for all the bother. That moonshine was the worst I ever tasted......
How about  making me a La-La!?

Bartender: "What's that?"

"A la-la?"

bartender: "What's a la-la?"

"You take a glass, pour it half full of tequila and half moonshine.. Drop some ice in....That's a la-la."

Bartender:  "That will  make you crazy. Are you sure you want a La-la?"

"Don't worry. It don't affect crazy people."

Offline Noizchild

• Tokyo-Zion Academy
« Reply #123757 on: October 19, 2018, 10:40:24 PM »
Hello? Are you okay?

JanTetstone

« Reply #123758 on: October 20, 2018, 01:04:03 AM »
I'm fine. Thank you for asking....
The MWC Bar/Red Barren Bar  serves a mean La-la drink.
You should try it sometime. ;D

Offline Noizchild

• Tokyo-Zion Academy
« Reply #123759 on: October 20, 2018, 10:02:16 PM »
Okay then. I might do it.

JanTetstone

« Reply #123760 on: October 20, 2018, 10:27:46 PM »
Okay then. I might do it.

"NO-NO-NO!  You really don't want a La-la.
It's bad for you...
Please......I was just joking."

"Bartender! "

"Oh no, not you again."

"Yes, it's me. I'll have a La-la......and give my friend a cherry-coke." ;D

JanTetstone

« Reply #123761 on: October 21, 2018, 01:18:07 PM »
"Closed! Oh. I forgot........ last night's La-la bout destroyed this place..  :o But maybe all the bottles of tequila  and moonshine didn't get broke......"

Kicking all the broken chairs aside. . .

"Boo-hoo  Boo-hoo"

"Them La-la drinks have got to be banned-sane people drink em and go crazy!"

Offline Noizchild

• Tokyo-Zion Academy
« Reply #123762 on: October 21, 2018, 08:57:36 PM »
So you just doing scripts here?

JanTetstone

« Reply #123763 on: October 25, 2018, 07:08:43 PM »
So you just doing scripts here?

Actually, I was trying to "break the ice".   I just got carried away. 8)

Offline Noizchild

• Tokyo-Zion Academy
« Reply #123764 on: October 25, 2018, 10:09:08 PM »
I can see that.