Author Topic: The MWC Bar/Red Barren Bar  (Read 6327615 times)

Offline intercat

• View Profile
Re: The MWC Bar/Red Barren Bar
« Reply #123735 on: May 19, 2018, 11:04:28 PM »
eep, I just popped in to poke my head in and say hi... what happened??

Offline Noizchild

• View Profile
    • Tokyo-Zion Academy
« Reply #123736 on: May 20, 2018, 07:08:52 PM »
I think this place is dying.
"It's not food anymore, Dean! It's Darwinism!" -- Sam Winchester from "Supernatural"

Offline DGSquared

• May the farce be with you.
    • View Profile
    • Station Shorts
« Reply #123737 on: July 19, 2018, 07:12:31 AM »

Still no way to report or stop spam in this forum even though the software developers have created an easy way to do so.

Sad to neglect what was once such an active and fun forum.

The new owners should give this to someone who gives a damn because it's obvious they don't. What a waste.

Tsk, tsk.

~Deb
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Offline Noizchild

• View Profile
    • Tokyo-Zion Academy
« Reply #123738 on: July 19, 2018, 09:25:46 PM »
I'm thinking about leaving again.
"It's not food anymore, Dean! It's Darwinism!" -- Sam Winchester from "Supernatural"

Offline JameelaM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123739 on: July 20, 2018, 03:03:26 PM »
Hey DGSquared!

Thanks for your comment, our dev team has done a great job in patching the vulnerabilities to eliminate the barrage of spam that hit the forum after the initial system update. We have also fixed moderator capabilities, ensure that all potential spam posts are set to "awaiting approval" by default. If a post makes it thru the awaiting approval filter that is spammy in nature it can be reported and we have been received notifications on these as well.

That being said, unfortunately spam does get thru, it's just the nature of having a forum, but we have made great strides in improving the infrastructure.

We are also in the process of bringing on new moderators, check out this post for more details: http://mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=65498.0 and shoot me a PM if you would be interested in helping maintain the community.

Feedback is very much appreciated on how we can continue to improve, if you see something on the forum or have suggestions on what we can do better please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks again and we appreciate you being a part of the community!

Offline Noizchild

• View Profile
    • Tokyo-Zion Academy
« Reply #123740 on: July 20, 2018, 03:44:08 PM »
Thanks for letting us know.

Offline Mark T

• View Profile
« Reply #123741 on: August 10, 2018, 06:07:14 AM »

The strength of MWC is that it shows up well on search engines and there is a steady trickle of newcomers to rebuild the site after the mass emigration. Yes, it will never be quite the same again but that is no reason to abandon hope. It will be better to just get on with  participating instead of bemoaning things that cannot be undone. Just saying. 

Offline Noizchild

• View Profile
    • Tokyo-Zion Academy
« Reply #123742 on: August 11, 2018, 08:26:34 PM »
It was down last night.

Offline Mark T

• View Profile
« Reply #123743 on: August 12, 2018, 07:50:16 AM »

I saw that too. While we are here, do you have any thoughts on how best to repopulate the site?

Offline Noizchild

• View Profile
    • Tokyo-Zion Academy
« Reply #123744 on: August 12, 2018, 08:05:43 PM »
I have no idea.

Offline Vienna

• View Profile
« Reply #123745 on: August 13, 2018, 06:20:31 AM »
I think  there is a chance to get this place back to the great forum it once was. We have to help and try and do what we can. I am not sure why the "other new place" doesn't seem to be getting off the ground. So hey let's make this place great again eh?
Just a well-read punk peasant

Going to church makes you a christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car!

Offline Mark T

• View Profile
« Reply #123746 on: August 13, 2018, 06:41:11 AM »
That's because the poets went elsewhere.  ;D When are you coming by our new home to say hello and join up?

Offline Noizchild

• View Profile
    • Tokyo-Zion Academy
« Reply #123747 on: August 13, 2018, 10:28:07 PM »
I think we have a good start here.

Offline bailish

• View Profile
« Reply #123748 on: August 14, 2018, 05:32:25 PM »
If you're serious about reviving this site, why not get links to writing blogs and ask those writing blogs to link back here? It gives this site exposure to the people we most want and increases the rankings in Google Search.

Offline JameelaM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123749 on: August 15, 2018, 07:27:08 AM »
Thanks for the positive feedback guys!

Bailish, your suggestion is appreciated. I'll be sure to speak with the rest of the team on an inbound traffic strategy like this. We are including links to the forum thread in our weekly newsletter to bring more writers here :)

I'll be sure to keep everyone updated as we progress.