Author Topic: The MWC Bar/Red Barren Bar  (Read 6048236 times)

Offline Gyppo

• I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
Re: The MWC Bar/Red Barren Bar
« Reply #114315 on: December 10, 2014, 11:42:49 AM »
Good to see your smiling face again.  Come back when you're ready ;-)  I dare say The Circle will still be here.

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Vienna

• View Profile
« Reply #114316 on: December 10, 2014, 11:45:57 AM »
hey 2par! What's stopping you?
Just a well-read punk peasant

Going to church makes you a christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car!

Offline Mastafrank

• View Profile
« Reply #114317 on: December 10, 2014, 12:58:25 PM »
Hello all, especially old friends. I've been planning on coming back for a long time, but somehow that hasn't happened. I don't know if I'm ready to even now, but I wanted to say hello and miss you all and being here. Perhaps after the first of the year, I can participate again.

welcome back :-*

hope your ok ;)

Offline Sprocket

• Idiot Savant
    • View Profile
« Reply #114318 on: December 10, 2014, 01:27:05 PM »
Welcome back.
Get your s*** together and start hunting.

Offline Gyppo

• View Profile
« Reply #114319 on: December 11, 2014, 07:00:46 AM »
"Bones, a white china one pint mug brimming with hot lemon tea, so I can sait in the corner, both hands wrapped around it,  and feel the heat soaking into my chilled bones."

i missed my 'stay alive' pills yesterday, had a bad night, and right now I feel like Death warmed over.  

I'm all pilled up again now, and know I'll pick up as the day goes on.  But I stood in the kitchen earlier, hugging a mug, looked out at the icy rain and it crossed my mind that if I'd been sleeping rough last night under these circumstances I might not have woken up.  Pretty heavy thoughts for first thing.

Intimations of my own mortality I can do without.  There's still so much I want to do.  And bloody well will.

One of my cousin's is on his way out, poor bugger, playing his end game.  He might see Christmas, but he won't be able to enjoy it.  He's younger than me and I can't help thinking about him.  A life well lived, nobody can dispute that, and doing mostly what he wanted.  But...

"Bones, a refill please, and as hot as you like."

He'd appreciate this tune.  He always had a healthy cynicism about life and the little jokes it played on anyone who took it too seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QPBMyP8uFo&feature=related

[Gyppo adds a couple more half logs to the bar fire and watches the flames, lost in his own thoughts.]
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 07:12:45 AM by Gyppo »
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Mrs N

• View Profile
« Reply #114320 on: December 11, 2014, 11:35:40 AM »
My manager (who is also the most positive person on this planet) and me were having a chat about the ever after only this morning. We reckon people dying is just a way of hi-lighting how we should live.

" There's still so much I want to do.  And bloody well will. Yaay!!!!!

A life well lived, nobody can dispute that, and doing mostly what he wanted.  But… Gyppo, there is no 'but'

Hope your pills have kicked in. Have a good evening. :)

Offline Mrs N

• View Profile
« Reply #114321 on: December 11, 2014, 11:41:34 AM »
Hello all, especially old friends. I've been planning on coming back for a long time, but somehow that hasn't happened. I don't know if I'm ready to even now, but I wanted to say hello and miss you all and being here. Perhaps after the first of the year, I can participate again.

Hello,2par, look forward to reading more of your pearly words of wisdom in the new year. Missed you.

Offline Gyppo

• View Profile
« Reply #114322 on: December 11, 2014, 02:22:51 PM »
The pills kicked in.  Equilibrium was restored.  Alma came over and Grandad had to be Grandad.  Not the sad and somewhat shaky old bugger who was present for a few hours this morning and posted whilst I had my guard down.

[Walks across and applies a forceful size 11 boot to the jukebox, which knows exactly what is called for without needing any buttons pressed.]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCDvjofJ130

Gyppo
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 02:26:30 PM by Gyppo »

Offline Mastafrank

• View Profile
« Reply #114323 on: December 11, 2014, 02:31:17 PM »
If it wasn't for your adventurous youth which kept you you in top form,you'd have it worse ;)

Glad to know your feeling better ;D

just met the neighbor in 607,sweet old lady who's a jehovahs witness ::)

Offline Gyppo

• View Profile
« Reply #114324 on: December 11, 2014, 06:50:31 PM »
It's been a day of mixed fortunes, eeven though it's vastly improved since this morning, so I will take myself off to bed with a book.

It's called Eats, Shites, and Leaves, and claims to be a parody.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 06:57:01 PM by Gyppo »

Offline Sprocket

• Idiot Savant
    • View Profile
« Reply #114325 on: December 11, 2014, 09:40:21 PM »
it sounds compelling.
Get your s*** together and start hunting.

Offline Laura H

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114326 on: December 12, 2014, 07:28:16 PM »
TGIF, Bones. I earned it this week.

Gimme one of your illegal special concoctions.
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline Gyppo

• View Profile
« Reply #114327 on: December 12, 2014, 08:05:39 PM »
[Gyppo sticks his head around the door, has a look, and then wanders off again, camouflage merging into the darkness and sandals almost completely silent.  Meanwhile, back at the Ponderosa in the bar the jukebox selects an appropriate record and plays it softly.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hEfcawx6Fc
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 08:13:34 PM by Gyppo »

Offline Gyppo

• View Profile
« Reply #114328 on: December 13, 2014, 08:19:45 AM »
"Looks like you had a quiet night, Bones."

Offline Laura H

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114329 on: December 13, 2014, 09:11:58 AM »
Of course he did. One sip of Bones' special puts you under the table. I did have a good night's sleep on the floor o f the corner booth, though.
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty