Author Topic: The MWC Bar/Red Barren Bar  (Read 6404356 times)

Offline Gyppo

• I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
Re: The MWC Bar/Red Barren Bar
« Reply #114300 on: December 06, 2014, 10:26:23 AM »
Based on her track record... ;-)  Emily and her dancing Gerbils will probably be too late to attend your book signing.
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Don

• Murder & mayhem for fun and profit.
« Reply #114301 on: December 06, 2014, 10:42:37 PM »
I need caffeine.

Damn! Slow night.
I have a motto: when in doubt, go for the cheap laugh.

thatollie

« Reply #114302 on: December 06, 2014, 10:49:53 PM »
Good morning, Don. Coffee?

I also have some of that vile energy drink stuff if you'd prefer it.

Offline Don

« Reply #114303 on: December 06, 2014, 10:55:30 PM »
Yes, coffee please.

I've been dealing with tenants all day, so I've had my fill of vile.
Cheers, Ollie. Good morning.

Offline Mastafrank

« Reply #114304 on: December 06, 2014, 11:19:19 PM »
Yes, coffee please.

I've been dealing with tenants all day, so I've had my fill of vile.
Cheers, Ollie. Good morning.

I've been good :o I keep my music down :D

thatollie

« Reply #114305 on: December 06, 2014, 11:25:00 PM »

Offline Don

« Reply #114306 on: December 06, 2014, 11:59:19 PM »
I don't care about the music. It's trashing the place that kills me.

I'm thinking about getting a komodo dragon for a pet. That might change behavior patterns.

Offline Mastafrank

« Reply #114307 on: December 07, 2014, 12:14:07 AM »
I don't care about the music. It's trashing the place that kills me.

I'm thinking about getting a komodo dragon for a pet. That might change behavior patterns.

Apparently they didn't like the state of my rooms carpet after I moved :D :D :D

6 years of salt,mud,water,spilled food :o

also the urinal sink :D

« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 12:38:24 AM by Mastafrank »

Offline Gyppo

« Reply #114308 on: December 07, 2014, 07:18:03 PM »
'tis the witching hour.  And the moon outside is near as damn it full.  Which explains why I woke up at 4 AM last night, howling thinking it must be nearer 7 AM because the sky outside my window was light enough to be pre-dawn.  Enough cloud to diffuse the light into a shadow-free grey glow.  A strange effect all round.

Tonight is probably going to be a 'boil-in-the-bag' night.  A couple of times in the last week the room's been cold enough to wake me up.  Not cold enough to wake up properly and do anything about it, but a bit nippy.  Seeing as I'm usuallly a toasty soul, and fairly hardy as well,  I decided to check my duvet.

4.5 tog rating.  I was still using my summerweight duvet.  So I swapped it for the autumn weight one I bought way back in the summer when the price was right.  10.5 tog.  (They were sold as a pair, to use in one cover.

I wrestled a second duvet into Mum's cover about a week ago, so she now has a theoretical 20 tog, but one of them is old so it's probably nearer 15.  But she's loving it.  She finds the extra weight reassuring too, having been bought up with blankets.  I grew up with layers of blankets in the caravan, but prefer the lightweight duvet now.

Ah well, a quick flit around the boards and then I'm off to simmer under my duvet, which has fluffed up enormously since I liberated it a few hours ago from the shop packaging.

Gyppo

« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 07:34:10 PM by Gyppo »
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Gyppo

« Reply #114309 on: December 08, 2014, 07:32:28 PM »
"Bones, a bottle to go, please."

My thick duvet is calling me.  The original one wasn't only summer weght, it had gone thin in places.  The new one actually has physical bulk to it and is about three inches thick now it has fully fluffed up.

For a fairly rugged soul like myself it feels almost decadent.  Like the embrace of a really good sleeping bag.

Goodnight, Good People.  (And the not quite so good as well.)

Gyppo

Offline Laura H

« Reply #114310 on: December 08, 2014, 07:43:34 PM »
Glad you have the proper gear now, Gyppo. Nothing better for sleep than crawling under a warm quilt.
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline Mastafrank

« Reply #114311 on: December 09, 2014, 12:03:23 AM »
'tis the witching hour.  And the moon outside is near as damn it full.  Which explains why I woke up at 4 AM last night, howling thinking it must be nearer 7 AM because the sky outside my window was light enough to be pre-dawn.  Enough cloud to diffuse the light into a shadow-free grey glow.  A strange effect all round.

Tonight is probably going to be a 'boil-in-the-bag' night.  A couple of times in the last week the room's been cold enough to wake me up.  Not cold enough to wake up properly and do anything about it, but a bit nippy.  Seeing as I'm usuallly a toasty soul, and fairly hardy as well,  I decided to check my duvet.

4.5 tog rating.  I was still using my summerweight duvet.  So I swapped it for the autumn weight one I bought way back in the summer when the price was right.  10.5 tog.  (They were sold as a pair, to use in one cover.

I wrestled a second duvet into Mum's cover about a week ago, so she now has a theoretical 20 tog, but one of them is old so it's probably nearer 15.  But she's loving it.  She finds the extra weight reassuring too, having been bought up with blankets.  I grew up with layers of blankets in the caravan, but prefer the lightweight duvet now.

Ah well, a quick flit around the boards and then I'm off to simmer under my duvet, which has fluffed up enormously since I liberated it a few hours ago from the shop packaging.

Gyppo

never heard of the tog rating ???

Offline Gyppo

« Reply #114312 on: December 09, 2014, 09:50:00 AM »
It's just a measure of the insulation.  Low tog rated duvets only trap a small portion of your body heat and are lovely and cool in the summer.   The higher the rating the more heat it traps.

Offline Mastafrank

« Reply #114313 on: December 09, 2014, 05:06:06 PM »
oh ok,I did some research online ;)

Offline 2par

« Reply #114314 on: December 10, 2014, 11:38:56 AM »
Hello all, especially old friends. I've been planning on coming back for a long time, but somehow that hasn't happened. I don't know if I'm ready to even now, but I wanted to say hello and miss you all and being here. Perhaps after the first of the year, I can participate again.