Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 3152 times)

Offline glued

• OK here I am...for a while.
Re: Introduction
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 04:43:48 AM »
Welcome to the circle Ann. I guarantee a great time.

Like Naomi my sister bought the comics, mostly the Archie series. I bought the books. I read her comics she never read the books I bought. Considering that I read Lady Chatterly's Lover when I was 15, I guess she did the right thing. ;D

Offline Ann

• Fritheir Arts
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2006, 05:47:08 PM »
Welcome to the circle Ann. I guarantee a great time.

Like Naomi my sister bought the comics, mostly the Archie series. I bought the books. I read her comics she never read the books I bought. Considering that I read Lady Chatterly's Lover when I was 15, I guess she did the right thing. ;D

Thanks for the welcome, Glued.  I don't remember any Archie character.  I beat you to Lady Chatterley - I got hold of my copy at 13 ... preferred Jane Austen, though of course, it was all over my head at the time.  I just 'read'.
An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one. (Charles Horton Cooley)

Offline glued

• OK here I am...for a while.
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2006, 02:36:49 AM »
Thanks for the welcome, Glued.  I don't remember any Archie character.  I beat you to Lady Chatterley - I got hold of my copy at 13 ... preferred Jane Austen, though of course, it was all over my head at the time.  I just 'read'.

Now I know why women write better steamy novels full of sex and romance.  ;)

Offline Gltagaman

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2006, 04:13:33 PM »
Hi Ann

I'll pop you a bit of 'The Trollop' by private message as its far too long to post in Review My Work.

Many thanks

Geoff
Have Thinkpad will write

Offline Ann

• Fritheir Arts
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2006, 04:46:13 PM »
Hi Ann

I'll pop you a bit of 'The Trollop' by private message as its far too long to post in Review My Work.

Many thanks

Geoff

I look forward to reading it, though I'm nervous about the idea I can be of any help!  Especially since the reviews I've attempted so far - about 6 - have been met with stony silence!  Please, when the time comes ... 'take what is useful and discard the rest'.

Ann

Offline Ann

• Fritheir Arts
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2006, 07:57:10 AM »
Hi Ann

Many thanks

Geoff

Just in case you think you've sent your Trollop and I have received it with silence, nothing has arrived in my mail box so far.  Or maybe she's escaped and has set up business on the rue St Denis.  Regards.  Ann

Offline Gltagaman

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2006, 05:23:05 PM »
Hi Ann

I have been very busy this week at my profession of writing fairy stories called tax Returns for my clients and submitting them online to HM revenue & Customs so the Trollop has been confined to her cell to mope for the moment.

This weekend I will copy an extract dealing solely with Francoise and the chapter in which she is prominent onto Notepad and hence onto a private message for you.

I have had just the time to throw in a few authors and book titles to relieve the stress of my work.

I visited your website and like it very much.

Best wishes

Geoff
Have Thinkpad will write

Offline Ann

• Fritheir Arts
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2006, 07:25:07 PM »
Hi Ann

I have been very busy this week at my profession of writing fairy stories called tax Returns for my clients and submitting them online to HM revenue & Customs so the Trollop has been confined to her cell to mope for the moment.

This weekend I will copy an extract dealing solely with Francoise and the chapter in which she is prominent onto Notepad and hence onto a private message for you.

I have had just the time to throw in a few authors and book titles to relieve the stress of my work.

I visited your website and like it very much.

Best wishes

Geoff

If you visited my web site you'll need your suit cleaned (of the cobwebs)!  I got a tax rebate once, back in the 70s.  Having spent some time arguing back and forth about whether I was due a rebate or not (I was saying I did, the tax man was saying I didn't), he finally agreed I was owed something like 50 quid.  The tax collector's name happened to be Grieg and after receiving my cheque, I wrote and thanked him and asked him if he played the piano. "No", he replied,"but I'm thinking of learning how to play the fiddle!"

I've received Françoise part one which you will know if you received my email.

:)

Ann