Author Topic: Yo, I'm Jacob.  (Read 928 times)

Offline FromTheDarknessIWrite

Yo, I'm Jacob.
« on: December 12, 2014, 04:45:36 AM »
I was doing a self-improvement exercise where you write down all the elements in your life that are in your favor, and I remembered a comment on something I wrote on another website that said, "I love how you express yourself, I can see pure talent there." I reviewed my original post, and then remembered a poem I had written along the same lines, and that is what brings me here. I asked myself, "What if I really do have talent in expressing myself?" I found this website, saw that the forums were active, and made a post.

As the subject states, my name is Jacob. Depression is my body, which I work to feed, clothe, and protect. Over my head looms a cloud of pessimism, but occasionally I see a flicker of hope in the distance. My day consists of wasted time. My head is full of wasted thoughts. My hours are spent hammering my fingers onto my keyboard and mouse, my tools of self-destruction -- or maybe self-preservation, it's unclear. I am looking for a change, one with a bright horizon, and with the last words of this passage, the flicker of hope illuminates the far-off places, for I hope that through writing a light will appear.

I know it does not conform with the other "Welcome Board" posts, but I hope this post will suffice as my introduction.

Offline thatollie

Re: Yo, I'm Jacob.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 06:23:14 AM »
Welcome aboard.
Never make a decision standing up.

JewelAS53

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 06:31:20 AM »
Hello Jacob,
Welcome to you, from the Southern tip of Africa.

We don't have many rules on MWC, but would appreciate it if you took a few moments to check out our etiquette guidelines by clicking on the link below:
http://www.mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=7415.0

Please also read the guidelines on all the boards, before you post. Amongst other nuggets, you will learn we are an active site because we promote reciprocity, i.e. please comment on other works on the board before you post your own. On the other hand, please don't resurrect an item that's been dormant for 3 months or more.

Check out the games and challenges, there might be something happening there that tickles your fancy.

Or hang out in the Red Baron Bar in the coffee shop.

As you explore the boards, I'm sure you'll find plenty else to keep you occupied and thereby reduce all that wasted time and effort to which you refer  ;)

If you have any problems or need some help, please pm a moderator - they're the ones with the blue stars above their heads.

Welcome, and have fun.

Jewel

Offline Laura H

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 06:34:03 AM »
It's nice to meet you, Jacob.
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline rapriss

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 09:33:21 AM »
Hi Jacob, welcome to the board

Bern