Author Topic: Ghostwriting advice - can anyone help?  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Linda Aitchison

• View Profile
    • A little bit about me x
Ghostwriting advice - can anyone help?
« on: February 15, 2006, 01:15:41 PM »
Hello all,

I'm hoping the good people on this forum can help me with some pointers on ghostwriting. I have been contacted by someone with a truly remarkable story that my professional judgement tells me would be a sure fire hit and have a meeting fixed for next week.

My background is in journalism at reporter to editor level and I also have a lot of experience in commercial/PR writing. (Please ask away on this and I will help all I can  :) )But this is something entirely new and very exciting!

The following questions are at the forefront of my mind:

1. What sort of fee structure is normal - a flat fee/hourly/daily rate and any percentage from sales?
2. What pitfalls would you single out as those to mainly look out for?

Many thanks for reading, I do hope someone can shed some light on this - and would dare to suggest this could become part of the FAQ thread.

With all best wishes

A hack who is old...ish (38! :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 01:37:57 PM by Oldhack »
<a href="http://www.freelancewritingtips.com">"Currently updating and adding to my book on freelance writing</a>

SuzieHarris

Re: Ghostwriting advice - can anyone help?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 07:20:53 AM »
Linda,

I emailed you about it, as most of my work is ghostwriting I told you how I do it. Did you get it ok?

Suzie  :D

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Global Moderator
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • View Profile
    • Entrepreneur Writer
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 07:22:21 AM »
It might be worth looking at Hannah Renier's website at www.ghost-writer.co.uk. Hannah is a professional ghost-writer - I've occasionally referred work her way - and it's interesting to see how she pitches her service on the website. She is a bit vague about her charging policy, unfortunately!

Nick
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline Linda Aitchison

• View Profile
    • A little bit about me x
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 12:42:43 PM »
Hello, thanks both! Suzie I did email you back, thanks for 'outing' me on here! (Only joking, no worries!)  :)

www.andrewcrofts.com is also a great resource - he reckons 50-50!
I'm now going to post with my next request for help.

Linda
x

« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 12:46:54 PM by Oldhack »
<a href="http://www.freelancewritingtips.com">"Currently updating and adding to my book on freelance writing</a>