Author Topic: New to Fiction Writing, Late in Life  (Read 7473 times)

Offline MiggsEye

Re: New to Fiction Writing, Late in Life
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2016, 09:12:14 AM »
Thank you, Miggsie. More than a half century together. We first met in junior high school. Leaves a big hole but so many friends, especially here at MWC, are helping me find a path forward.

Laura is right about writing, but I'm sure you know that. So dive in and create.

Warmest regards,
AQ

AQ. You hinted at your age. Up till now, through your writing, I thought you were a brilliant and brash twenty-something writer. Now, by your confession, I see you are a wise and storied man with the heart and soul of a brilliant, brash twenty-something writer. You amaze me.
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try” — Dr. Seuss

Offline MiggsEye

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2016, 09:12:58 AM »
Anyone who has suffered loss will have an inkling what you're going through, Miggs. I'm so sorry.  :-*

I hope you can channel your grief into some writing. It can be remarkably therapeutic.

Thank you, Laura.
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try” — Dr. Seuss

Offline Catherine F

• I watch the ripples change their size (D. Bowie)
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2016, 10:16:46 AM »
AQ. You hinted at your age. Up till now, through your writing, I thought you were a brilliant and brash twenty-something writer. Now, by your confession, I see you are a wise and storied man with the heart and soul of a brilliant, brash twenty-something writer. You amaze me.

:D :D :D This is the great thing about this site. Some of the members I can't even make out whether they're male or female  :D :D :D (others, like dumb me, know not how to create mystery and put it all down in their profile  ;D

Artemis Quark

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2016, 11:23:15 AM »

Twernt nothin, Miggsie. My writing is a tell about the immaturity of my mind.  ;D. The body, on the other hand, feels quite old most days, especially when cold, damp weather sets in here on the Cape. I'm heading for LA to live with my daughter and son-in-law. Plan to mix it up with the dudes on Venice Beach. Lift a few weights, ride a few waves, peel off a few years. Actually, the weight-lifting and surfing is just a product of my immature mind. Can't control it. Best I get back to Charley Manner and friends. There's no end to the action. Incidentally, my daughter is a screenwriter. Maybe we'll collaborate and turn TOTS into a movie? As Steven Tyler of Aerosmith fame sang: Dream On. I'm showing my age again.  ::)

Best,
AQ

Offline midnight candle

• just checking in
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2016, 11:24:45 AM »
Sorry to hear that Miggs. Welcome back anyway.

Daryl

Offline MiggsEye

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2016, 02:24:44 PM »
Sorry to hear that Miggs. Welcome back anyway.

Daryl

Thank you, MC.

Offline RamblingRose

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2016, 03:04:19 PM »
Sorry for your loss MiggsEye. I do hope you find a restful place in your writing. Good to see you back here, although it's come about through such a loss. RR.

Offline MaryRuth

• Flotsam and Jetsam
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2016, 03:33:43 AM »
I'm so sorry for your loss, MiggsEye and really appreciate how much time you put into the feedback you gave me yesterday. My dad's death a few years ago was the impetus needed for me to write more - I hope you find solace in writing.
--

Mary Thompson
https://about.me/mary_thompson

Offline Plain Helvetica

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2016, 07:21:41 AM »
Sorry to hear that. I had noted your absence here and hoped that things were OK. Clearly it was a difficult period and I'm sure it still is.

Welcome back.