Author Topic: (Hello)  (Read 1306 times)

Offline wisteria

(Hello)
« on: July 21, 2014, 01:57:14 PM »
Because parantheses and uppercase letters clearly even each other out.

Hey, I'm Fay, and I'm absolutely thrilled to be here. I've been writing since I was a kid but looking back at that just leaves me cringing. My muse, at the moment, is incredibly fickle, but hopefully I can persuade it to listen to me. This looks like a fantastic community, and I can't wait to get started.

Modified subject line to remove all caps per guideline.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 02:35:03 PM by Alice, a Country Gal »

Offline Laura H

Re: (HELLO)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 02:09:35 PM »
Welcome to MWC, Fay. We’re glad you’ve joined the community.

Please take a moment to read our etiquette guidelines-

http://mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=7415.0

You’ll find more tips in the blue threads with the stick pin icons at the top of each board. These will help you as you learn your way around.

If you’re looking for feedback on a piece of writing, please post a few critiques for others first. It’s considered good manners and you’re more likely to get helpful advice once we get to know you a bit.

Consider entering any open flash, short story or poetry contests. They’re fun and anonymous. You’ll find them at the top of the Writing Games and Challenges board.

Should you need any help along the way, just message a moderator.

Have fun,

Laura H
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline bri h

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 02:16:32 PM »
Welcome to the Circle, Fay. This is your Thread, so use it to tell us a little about you. Where you are (country) or what you like to write about. That sorta stuff. Bri (in England).
Fare thee well Skip. We're all 'Keening' now. xbx

Offline wisteria

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 02:24:47 PM »
Thanks for the link and the advice on how to get started, Laura!

Oooh, alright. I'm from the United States, and I've lived here most of my life although I'd love to travel at some point. I like writing more based on the characters than the plot, but I like writing almost anything. I read primarily fantasy or whatever's popular enough to catch my eye. When I'm not writing, I'm reading, and when I'm not reading I'm parked in front of my telly with a carton of chocolate ice cream.

Offline Alice, a Country Gal

• http://www.writestreet.com/writestree
  • Hello from Texas
    • Alice's Hide Away
Re: (Hello)
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 02:36:53 PM »
Hello and welcome Fay, nice to have you with us. 

But I have to ask, have you even tried Natural Vanilla Bean ice cream? My favorite.  ;)
MWC Charity Publications.
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight>
The universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser, poet and activist (15 Dec 1913-1980)

R. L. Copple's: http://www.rlcopple.com/

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
-Mohandas K. Gandhi

Offline thatollie

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 02:43:06 PM »
Welcome aboard.
Never make a decision standing up.

cjwntaw

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 08:00:57 PM »
Welcome to the Circle, Fay. This is your Thread, so use it to tell us a little about you. Where you are (country) or what you like to write about. That sorta stuff. Bri (in England).

GREAT!! Thanks for the advice. 

Offline bailish

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 08:52:01 PM »

I've been writing since I was a kid but looking back at that just leaves me cringing.

Hey, we've all been there. I recently looked through some stuff I wrote five years ago. Wish the paper would disintegrate. ::)

Welcome!!