Author Topic: I watched Hachi: A Dog's Tale, and now I'm depressed.  (Read 1185 times)

Offline Skylan

• -
I watched Hachi: A Dog's Tale, and now I'm depressed.
« on: June 13, 2014, 12:03:18 PM »
No spoilers if you haven't seen the movie, but Hachi: A Dog's Tale is based on the real-life Hachiko, a dog who loyally waited every day for 9 years for his master to return.

Every day, his owner would return from work via train, and Hachiko would be there at the same spot waiting for him so they could both walk home. One day, his owner suffered a fatal brain hemorrhage and never returned, but Hachiko never gave up waiting.

The tale of such a loyal companion eventually spread throughout Japan. His faithfulness to his master's memory impressed the people of Japan as a spirit of family loyalty all should strive to achieve.

The movie doesn't take place in Japan, and I'm sure some dramatic liberties were taken, but nonetheless, Hachi: A Dog's Tale, is a wonderful film. The remarkable spirit of loyalty shown by Hachiko is an inspiration to me. It IS the spirit of loyalty all should try to achieve, not just for family, but for all loved ones.

There are many more tales like this one about loyal dogs, and while such loyalty is an inspiration, the film, and also these stories, left me feeling very sad. I can't help but wonder what these dogs felt all the time they waited. Did they understand their master and friend had passed on, and chose to wait anyway? Or did they simply not understand the concept, and they truly believed their friend would return to them one day?

I do not believe they waited in vain... At least, I would hope that loyalty like that is never in vain. But part of me was left heartbroken after the film. We humans experience all sorts of sadness in our lives, but I think many of us sometimes forget that our animal friends can experience feelings just as strong. I live in a city where animals have next to no rights. They are looked on by my culture as tools. Stray dogs are on every street, and it is not rare to see them slumped over on the road every day, because they didn't find their next meal in time, or because some dumb driver didn't care to slow down. Unwanted litters and other pets aren't taken to the pound, they are driven far away from home and dumped somewhere to be someone else's problem. The entire situation is sickening.

Luckily, Hachiko experienced a different side of humans. The people at the train station where he waited were not exactly friendly at first. But once the story of his vigil broke out, those people took care of him. They fed him every day, made sure he was okay and had everything he needed to continue on. All the way until the day of his death, from terminal cancer.

I'm truly inspired by his tale, and those of every animal that has ever been faithful and loyal to its human companions. But I am also extremely saddened that such fine animals had to experience loss. They deserved better....  :'(

Offline Noizchild

• Tokyo-Zion Academy
Re: I watched Hachi: A Dog's Tale, and now I'm depressed.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 03:13:33 PM »
Have you seen "Grave of the Fireflies?" That's really depressing.
"It's not food anymore, Dean! It's Darwinism!" -- Sam Winchester from "Supernatural"

Online pexipo8863

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 03:16:28 PM »
An fascinating discussion is value comment. I think that it is best to write extra on this matter, it wonít be a taboo topic however generally people are not enough to talk on such topics. To the next. Cheers   Instagram Follower kaufen

Offline kacoye7531

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 05:55:18 AM »
Perhaps you should also a put a forum site on your blog to increase reader interaction..*.í~   INDIA VISA FROM GREECE

Offline kacoye7531

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2021, 02:45:03 AM »
Wonderful items from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you’re simply too excellent. I really like what you’ve got right here, really like what you’re stating and the way in which by which you are saying it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it smart. I cant wait to read far more from you. This is really a great web site.   ویزا برای هند

Offline elizeo

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2021, 04:01:48 AM »
Continue the fantastic work, I read few posts on this website and I believe your web blog is real interesting and has got sectors of fantastic information.   advice

Online pexipo8863

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2021, 11:44:38 AM »
Safety is filtered in the process of verifying the site with the collected big data-based information. At this time, we divide the risk groups of each site and check whether the Toto site is a good site to use or has a history of eating out in the past.   먹튀

Offline kacoye7531

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2021, 12:56:38 AM »
My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find almost all of your postís to be just what Iím looking for. can you offer guest writers to write content for you personally? I wouldnít mind publishing a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write related to here. Again, awesome website!   ESTA Visa Steps

Offline elizeo

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2021, 02:44:00 AM »
Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isnít only useful but it is additionally really creative too.   engagement rings

Offline vesotin12

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2021, 03:45:16 AM »
Reading your post made me think. Mission accomplished I guess. I will write something about this on my blog. x   https://a-ufa888.net.com

Online pexipo8863

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2021, 09:39:36 AM »
Explore Dr James Glutathione Skin Whitening injections have been approved by the FDA. Every ingredient and component used in the preparation is highly safe to be used on the human skin and has been used in its purest form. Visit the official website to get more information about it.   Skin Whitening Injection

Online pexipo8863

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2021, 02:58:44 AM »
The Business Plan Writer, Andrew Ludlam, provides a professional and affordable business plan writing service to both startups and established companies across the UK. Get Pro Business Plan Writing Services.   business plan writer

Offline kacoye7531

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2021, 03:35:40 AM »
Discover Amazon FBA ​& get 15 days free Trial. The Most Intelligent Platform to Master and Scale Your Amazon Business, Eva helps you increase your Amazon revenues & reduce operational costs. Get Eva's cutting edge AI powered Amazon repricing platform, along with a wealth of other features aimed at today s business growth.

Online pexipo8863

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2021, 07:39:56 AM »
If You are looking to find Best helmet lock in india, This article is for you. Best Helmet Locks in India | Helmet Lock price | Helmet lock types. Helmets provide safety to your head And helmet lock makes your helmets safe In this so much busy life, helmets have become a necessity. Get True Reviews for the Online Products by Inidan review website.

Online pexipo8863

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2021, 05:25:32 AM »
Inbound takeaway courier promotion|Various special party set menus for free choice. Hong Kong peopleís first choice for gourmet food at the meeting 到會 ​catering service company|Kama Delivery Catering, Visit this website & get Multi-person attendance package, Optional lunch box for one person, Free shipping and free exchange and return polices as well as Free snacks at FPs Checkout. Don't miss this chance.