Author Topic: Experimenting with Kindle Direct Publishing - Two books on Amazon  (Read 8099 times)

Tony_A20

Hello All,

Well mostly with the help of a push from Ed and his post about obtaining an EIN number last year, I now have a 0% royalty tax withholding rate, and have posted two books on KDP which all forum writers and indie publishers will want to read.

They are "Story Craft" and "How To Build a DIY E-Book." Both are aimed directly at beginning writers and indie publishers—sort of an "Idea to E-Book" duo. Lots of good advice and technique on writing fiction and publishing an e-book.

Please have a look by following your personal national link on my website page, www.katiebooks.ca and posting what you think here on the MWC forum. I will appreciate any ideas you may have.

Thanks,
Tony_A20

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Tales from The Darkest Depths
    • Joe Mynhardt
Re: Experimenting with Kindle Direct Publishing - Two books on Amazon
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 10:56:13 AM »
Good for you.

You should consider creating a universal link with something like booklinker. You'll have one button or link that automatically leads
people to the Amazon of their country.

Great for FB or blog posts, as well. And it draws less attention from the actual thing you're advertising, the book.

Good luck.
Founder and CEO of Crystal Lake Publishing - Tales from the Darkest Depths.
Two time Bram Stoker Award nominated editor publishing only the best in Dark Fiction. Check out Crystal Lake's books and grab two free titles by joining the newsletter.

Tony_A20

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 10:09:12 AM »
Hello Joe,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I found a link illustrating your suggestion, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2c5Gk2CXL0.

Both Booklinker and SmartURL would do the job you suggest, but both do so by keeping a database of an author's data and using the book link provided to access their database and route website visitors to Amazon national book pages.

Neither Booklinker or SmartURL provide detail explaining how the information provided by authors will be used or sold.

I don't mind the multiple links I have provided, I hope they show visitors my web site is making an effort to direct them to national Amazon pages in their language.

However, the YouTube video above, does raise an interesting issue of providing a link to the Amazon review page for each book, on national Amazon pages.

I'm not sure this is necessary, as a link to the review page exists on the national page, and this could be pointed out to visitors on the author's website.

I feel both Booklinker and SmartURl are two more examples of companies soliciting personal information, ostensibly to aid the client, but really to provide the companies an opportunity to use and profit from the information provided. I think keeping personal and business information private is more important than saving a website visitor a click or two.

Nevertheless, I appreciate your consideration and assistance. Thanks.

Tony

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Tales from The Darkest Depths
    • Joe Mynhardt
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 09:26:53 AM »
No problem.

I've been using them for quite some time and have had no increase in spam or any other noticeable problems.
They only have my company email and nickname. I'll check out the Youtube video, just in case I'm missing something.  :)
Founder and CEO of Crystal Lake Publishing - Tales from the Darkest Depths.
Two time Bram Stoker Award nominated editor publishing only the best in Dark Fiction. Check out Crystal Lake's books and grab two free titles by joining the newsletter.