Author Topic: Can I post something like this here?  (Read 1846 times)

Offline SoundGeare

Can I post something like this here?
« on: June 01, 2014, 03:13:29 AM »
I am in the middle stages of writing an animated dramatic pseudo-surrealist film. It has a coherent plot and characters and all, but is based more around visuals and symbolism than dialogue. I don't mean to say "gosh, you guys won't get it so why should I even bother". All I mean is that I don't know if it would fit here, or if that is the sort of thing you would find readable. Should I try posting what I have or would that be too bothersome?

Offline bri h

Re: Can I post something like this here?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 10:03:23 AM »
Ok SG. I'm intrigued, now. Why not try us? We may 'get it.' Bri.
Fare thee well Skip. We're all 'Keening' now. xbx

Offline SoundGeare

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 12:06:08 PM »
Alright I will then. I have scripted the first two scenes (of six), so I will flesh them out and post them later this week. I am a tad worried about reactions to the first scene as it is "full surrealist":a string of quick (second or two) symbolic clips of mostly abstract things i.e. a light switch turning on and off and a cup filling up with water. There is a point to that scene, but I feel like people here might just find it annoying.

Offline bri h

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 12:23:27 PM »
Nah. From what you're describing, there's worse than that on here. ha ha. Post it willya. I wanna see it. B
Fare thee well Skip. We're all 'Keening' now. xbx

Offline Slow_Walker

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 02:56:57 PM »
I'm with Bri...post it and damn the torpedoes!  I admit to being intrigued - and alarmed that I won't "get" it!

Offline SoundGeare

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 03:12:49 PM »
Okay, I'll take what I have and make a thread with it.

Offline SoundGeare

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 08:18:14 AM »
Alrighty it's up. I'm worried I may have misled you a tad, as it is a stretch to call it dramatic. Everything is symbolic and the story symbolizes something dramatic, but the apparent story is not.