Author Topic: Hello to all from Glenn in Belgium  (Read 3426 times)

Offline GlennQ

Hello to all from Glenn in Belgium
« on: January 01, 2006, 05:36:17 PM »
Hi Folks!

I am a newbie.  I am awakening dreams of becoming a novelist after +15 years away from creative writing, having just written work related reports etc.  I did have some limited success with a little poetry and a short story around '89/'90 when I was doing a correspondence course.  I have yet to find my genre - but want above all to enjoy my writing.  I like to read techno-thrillers (Michael Crighton, Dan Brown etc., and bizarre comic fiction - my fave author being Tom Holt).  I have considered doing a large scale creative writing course such as that offered by 'Writers Bureau', but have opted as a kick start to go for Nick Daws' course, which seems to have had good reviews.  As I say, at the moment I have no idea or plan, but trust that it will come if I listen well to the inner creative me!

A happy new year to all.  Looking forward to being a member of the circle!

Warm Regards,

Glenn

Offline aelfwin

• Unicorn, the symbol of fantasy
    • The Aelf's Bloggery
Re: Hello to all from Glenn in Belgium
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 08:21:19 PM »
Hi Glenn, Welcome aboard I've found some really good reviews regarding Writers Bureau and intend to enroll next month. At present I am doing Robyn Opie's course on "Show, dont Tell" and am in the middle of Nancy Kress's book on Dynamic Characters. It sounds like maybe your muse kicked you in the butt after waiting 15 years for you to do something. Thats great. Good luck for 2006 and be sure to post something that the rest of us can crit.  :) Aelf

BiancaMiller13

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 04:15:28 PM »
Kress's book is AWESOME.  Have it next to me right now trying to develope an new sub race for my book.  I have it for a while and just love to get back to it from time to time.

Lin

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 02:17:06 PM »
Hello Glen,

I live in Holland and my name is Lin.   Do keep in touch, we expats need to stick together!!

Lin

SuzieHarris

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 04:35:29 AM »
Hey Lin,

THis is where you're hiding! Why aren't you writing hehehe? I know, I know, I have the manuscript  ::)

Suzie xx