Author Topic: MWC Poetry Anthology Released  (Read 13482 times)

Offline 510bhan

• So many jobs to do . . .
Re: MWC Poetry Anthology Released
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2014, 11:01:35 AM »
I think it's put on other platforms by Lulu but is much pricier. Not sure about 'Kindle' per se but work is going on to have an e.pub done and where that goes and how it works is beyond me. :-[ Lots of learning taking place -- luckily it's all virtual communication so we can't throw things at each other. ;D Tom and Heidi must be short a tuft or two with hair-pulling, I'm sure. :D

Offline 510bhan

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2014, 11:11:13 AM »
Okay -- so we've got the book out. Now the marketing. :P

Any ideas? ???

Could we organise a 'virtual book launch' maybe through Twitter or something? Say in two weeks' time? I don't know what I'm talking about just thinking out loud. Maybe organise an hour that suits folk and chat about the collection to raise awareness? Again -- clueless don't know how that would work.

Post your suggestions an ideas, maybe someone will have a cracker we could exploit.

Could have a virtual 'signing session' -- a tweet with the sentiment you'd scribble for a personal message. Get a good conversation going.

I'm not on Facebook so I have no idea how something there might work.

Those of you who have blogs -- would you like to interview a few contributors, maybe ask them about the inspiration for a particular poem you've admired/appreciated?

Offline Vienna

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2014, 11:31:54 AM »
a Facebook page perhaps? Twitter definitely
Just a well-read punk peasant

Going to church makes you a christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car!

Offline 510bhan

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2014, 11:33:44 AM »
Cheers, Richard. ;)

Offline bri h

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2014, 11:59:11 AM »
I've been posting and re-posting to the various groups I know on FB. Family, friends and work-buddies. I was thinking of printing something out (like a flyer) and distributing them to the various 'drops' I have round the uk. Wat'cha think? Bri.
Fare thee well Skip. We're all 'Keening' now. xbx

Offline 510bhan

« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2014, 12:16:19 PM »
Sounds like a plan. ;D

Offline bri h

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2014, 12:17:05 PM »
Sawted.  ;D

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2014, 02:02:23 PM »
A few other suggestions.

Maybe ask your local library if you can put up a little poster for a while.  Some libraries can be a bit stuffy if you want to advertise a course or service 'for profit', but most are reasonable enough about charities.

If you're a parent with kids at a senior school ask if you can put something up on the school noticeboard, or in the school newsletter if they have one.

If you're one of the contributors drop a line to the editor of your local paper, introduce yourself, tell him what the charity is, and they may give you a short mention and publish all the necessary links.  'Local Poet published in charity e-book.'  Offer to send him/her a PDFcopy - or just send one anyway with your letter - so they can see what it's about.  This would probably more effective than trying to explain it all in your own words.
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline 510bhan

« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2014, 02:04:21 PM »
All good thoughts, Gyppo. Thank you. :)

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2014, 02:12:17 PM »
For anyone who gets their local paper interested, always remember to follow it up with a thankyou note a few weeks after, especially if it works well.  The editor will appreciate this, and be happy to tell readers how his/her paper helped to make a difference.  This will probably trigger a few more sales to those who 'thought about it the first time but forgot the link'.

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline DGSquared

• May the farce be with you.
    • Station Shorts
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2014, 08:03:30 PM »
Good on you lot! Congratulations!
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Offline bri h

« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2014, 08:14:54 PM »
Thanks Deb. Do you want my autograph? Get it while it's cheap. ha ha. xbx

Offline DGSquared

• May the farce be with you.
    • Station Shorts
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2014, 05:25:31 AM »
Why? I won't charge you too much. :P ;D
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Offline bri h

« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2014, 08:49:55 AM »
Why? I won't charge you too much. :P ;D

Swapsies?  ;D

Offline 510bhan

« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2014, 02:42:10 PM »
AND BREAKING NEWS . . .

The epub ebook is now available to the public at: http://www.lulu.com/content/e-book/as-the-kettle-wolf-whistled/14546634

So -- we've got a pocket size paperback, a pdf and an e.pub all for your enjoyment, and so well-priced you can afford different types to suit your needs and preferences.

Thanks again to Tom and Heidi  -- heroes indeed. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*