Author Topic: The Anime Discussion  (Read 168570 times)

Offline Noizchild

• Tokyo-Zion Academy
Re: The Anime Discussion
« Reply #1335 on: June 03, 2017, 05:01:05 PM »
I want to read the Tokyo Ghoul manga. I didn't like the anime, but the manga should be better.
"It's not food anymore, Dean! It's Darwinism!" -- Sam Winchester from "Supernatural"

Offline illidan4ever

« Reply #1336 on: June 03, 2017, 05:19:26 PM »
Prepare yourself for a disappointing ending, if not entire second half.
"You are not prepared!"  -Illidan Stormrage, master sorcerer, fallen hero of the Third War, former Lord of Outland, and current lord of the Demon Hunters.  Known to his people as "The Betrayer," he has sold his soul and connection with nature to combat the invading demonic army, The Burning Legion.

Offline Noizchild

• Tokyo-Zion Academy
« Reply #1337 on: June 04, 2017, 09:45:33 PM »
Prepare yourself for a disappointing ending, if not entire second half.

But the concept is so strong.
"It's not food anymore, Dean! It's Darwinism!" -- Sam Winchester from "Supernatural"

Offline illidan4ever

« Reply #1338 on: June 06, 2017, 01:17:22 PM »
But the concept is so strong.

The quality of the story falls off hard.
"You are not prepared!"  -Illidan Stormrage, master sorcerer, fallen hero of the Third War, former Lord of Outland, and current lord of the Demon Hunters.  Known to his people as "The Betrayer," he has sold his soul and connection with nature to combat the invading demonic army, The Burning Legion.

Offline Noizchild

• Tokyo-Zion Academy
« Reply #1339 on: June 06, 2017, 01:58:42 PM »
The quality of the story falls off hard.

In the anime, I got bored when Hinami's parents died.

Offline illidan4ever

« Reply #1340 on: June 07, 2017, 10:01:14 AM »
In the anime, I got bored when Hinami's parents died.

Was that in the second season?  I didn't bother watching it.

Offline Noizchild

• Tokyo-Zion Academy
« Reply #1341 on: June 07, 2017, 11:47:03 PM »
Was that in the second season?  I didn't bother watching it.

First season.

Offline illidan4ever

« Reply #1342 on: June 08, 2017, 10:29:01 AM »
First season.

To be honest, I didn't care much for the first season either.  I thought it was annoying and preachy.

Offline Skylan

• -
« Reply #1343 on: June 08, 2017, 01:30:29 PM »
Anyone read and caught up with Attack on Titan?

If so, did you notice how Bertholdt and Reiner's backstory makes no sense?

I'm caught up. Although I have problems following the story anyway when it's been running for so long and I only look at it once a month. What parts make no sense?

Offline Noizchild

• Tokyo-Zion Academy
« Reply #1344 on: June 08, 2017, 09:01:29 PM »
To be honest, I didn't care much for the first season either.  I thought it was annoying and preachy.

I thought it was because of the studio behind it.

Offline illidan4ever

« Reply #1345 on: June 09, 2017, 12:49:02 PM »
I'm caught up. Although I have problems following the story anyway when it's been running for so long and I only look at it once a month. What parts make no sense?

The anime made it make sense in a way that didn't contradict the manga, so it's fine.  I still don't understand why these highly trained soldiers...I'm sorry, warriors, didn't kill Ymir instead of letting their friend die, but whatever.  Ymir's motivations are convoluted nonsense still.  I mean, all she wants is to be with Christa, but then she decides to betray her because of some vague promise that maybe these people who want to kidnap her will treat her better.  I have a lot of problems with this manga.

What I don't have problems with is Bakuman.  I just finished that.  It's perfect.

Offline Noizchild

• Tokyo-Zion Academy
« Reply #1346 on: June 09, 2017, 10:26:38 PM »
The more I watch uncut Sailor Moon, the more I realize that the DIC edits didn't make any sense what so ever.

Offline Skylan

• -
« Reply #1347 on: June 12, 2017, 11:00:19 PM »
The anime made it make sense in a way that didn't contradict the manga, so it's fine.  I still don't understand why these highly trained soldiers...I'm sorry, warriors, didn't kill Ymir instead of letting their friend die, but whatever.  Ymir's motivations are convoluted nonsense still.  I mean, all she wants is to be with Christa, but then she decides to betray her because of some vague promise that maybe these people who want to kidnap her will treat her better.  I have a lot of problems with this manga.

I always figured since they were kids when Ymir ate their friend, that they were just too shocked to act at the time. Which is unsatisfying anyway, since they are supposed to be highly-trained kids anyway, as we've seen recently.

I never liked Ymir in the first place, I frankly don't understand why she's so popular. I don't 'get' her at all. I have been generally disappointed with the way the story has gone recently. I used to eagerly wait all month for the next AoT chapter, but the Marley storyline is really dragging it down. The change of setting is also boring. It feels like first world war with Titans.

Offline Noizchild

• Tokyo-Zion Academy
« Reply #1348 on: June 12, 2017, 11:09:00 PM »
Shadow Star Narutaru will be the next anime I watch.

Offline illidan4ever

« Reply #1349 on: June 20, 2017, 05:54:42 PM »
I always figured since they were kids when Ymir ate their friend, that they were just too shocked to act at the time. Which is unsatisfying anyway, since they are supposed to be highly-trained kids anyway, as we've seen recently.

I never liked Ymir in the first place, I frankly don't understand why she's so popular. I don't 'get' her at all. I have been generally disappointed with the way the story has gone recently. I used to eagerly wait all month for the next AoT chapter, but the Marley storyline is really dragging it down. The change of setting is also boring. It feels like first world war with Titans.

Yep, that's exactly what I am saying.  People try to argue they are kids, but then we see they are highly trained at the time, AND go on to destroy the wall and most of "known" humanity.  Right.  It really is like the Walking Dead, where it gives you an explanation, but it is really piss poor. 

Ymir is popular because she's gay.  That's about it.  She put someone above herself, but then...her actions made no sense, so, you know, she sucks, the writing for her sucks, and she's a wasted character.