Author Topic: Scream 5 - Fanfic - Adult Language  (Read 15520 times)

Offline Jackson_Leigh

• My life in a nutshell...
Scream 5 - Fanfic - Adult Language
« on: February 28, 2014, 09:50:54 PM »
This is my Scream 5 script, all based on characters created by Kevin Williamson. I am a huge Scream fan and wrote this on my free time. This picks up where Scream 4 left off, so if you have not seen the movie you will be confused. Hope you enjoy!

EXT. KIRBY'S HOUSE - NIGHT

Noise and chaos. News reporters and cop cars fill the lawn as a rescue squad loades up the dead bodies. All the attention is focused on JILL ROBERTS.

EXT. STRETCHER - SAME

JILL ROBERTS is being loaded into an ambluance as the camera crews take pictures of this so called “sole surviving hero”.

CAMERA CREW
Jill, Jill, look over here.

The policeman steps in to ease the chaos.

POLICE MAN
Step away, let them through.

The police pull the camera men off to the side. The paramedics shut the ambulance doors and drive away.

MAN
We need to call another unit; we got a person still alive here. A female.

CUT TO:

INT. HOSPITAL - EARLY MORNING

A dark and quiet hallway, as though the hospital is deserted. No movement can be seen.

INT. ROOM - SAME

A person lies in the bed. A young girl probably in her mid-teens. All is silent.

Her breathing becomes heavier, she turns over to reveal herself to be KIRBY REED. In the silence of the room her eyes open.

INT. P.O.V - SAME

Her vision is blurry for the time being, but through time they will adjust. She notices the equipment she is hooked up to.

INT. ROOM - SAME

Regaining her strength, Kirby presses the help button next to her bed. A moment passes by and no response, she presses it again. Still nothing.

Pulling a wire from her arm, she sets off a loud buzzing sound. Removing the covers from her body she sees her scars, a large wound that has been stitched up. She surveys the room.

KIRBY
Hello?

She makes her way off the bed and stumbles out the room.

INT. HALLWAY - MOMENTS LATER

Making her way down the hallway Kirby discovers the absence of nurses and doctors. She turns the corner, she finds a room that catches her eye. There is a streak of blood on the door.

INT. ROOM - SAME

Kirby enters to find blood splattered around the floor. Most of it fresh but the rest has dried up. In the middle of the bloody mess lies the dead body of JILL ROBERTS. KIRBY’s mind flashes back to the moment CHARLIE WALKER tried to take her life.

KIRBY
Oh my God.

KIRBY stands there unsure of what to do. KIRBY reaches her hand out to touch JILL. Letting her fingers touch the cold forehead of the corpse.

A cell phone next to JILL's body begins to ring. KIRBY looks at the caller I.D.

(UNKNOWN)

She answers it anyway.

KIRBY
Hello?

VOICE (O.S.)
Hello Kirby.

The voice is a familiar one. It is the voice of Ghostface.

KIRBY
Leave me alone.

VOICE
Welcome to the spotlight Kirby. You know so much about horror movies, let's see if you can make it out of this one?

KIRBY
I'm not going to play your fucking game.

VOICE
It has already started. If you win you live, but if you lose I'll slash you open and expose you for the heartless little girl that you are.

The line goes dead. From behind her a black figure passes by the doorway. KIRBY sees it out of the corner of her eye. She lifts herself to her feet and moves out of the room.

INT. HALLWAY - MOMENTS LATER

KIRBY examines the hallway. No one there. She walks down the hallway and turns a corner. It is hard to see in the dim light.

Kirby has made it a good distance down the hallway. A  mannish figure can be seen coming towards KIRBY. His pace is a little bit faster.

Picking up speed KIRBY turns around and walks in the other direction. The figure right behind her. He is saying something, but she cannot make it out.

In the dim light it appears as though the figure is wearing some sort of dark material. Flashes of Ghostface and his knife goes through KIRBY's mind. The sound of boots thumping echo through the hallway.

Misjudging the distance KIRBY falls. She catches herself. She reaches for the closest door. It is unlocked. She opens it and goes inside.

INT. ROOM - SAME

On her knees, KIRBY tries to keep quiet. The door handle begins to turn. Catching it in mid-turn KIRBY tries to keep the door shut. She reaches for the lock. It doesn't have one. The door swings open. Infront of KIRBY stands DR. WILLIAMS

DR. WILLIAMS
What are you doing out here?

KIRBY is speechless.

DR. WILLIAMS (CONT'D)
Let's get you back to your room and have that ankle looked at.

CUT TO:

INT. ROOM - MOMENTS LATER

DR.WILLIAMS is taking a look at her injured ankle.

DR. WILLIAMS
Sorry, you caught me as I was starting my morning shift. Didn't mean to scare you.

KIRBY
You the only one here?

DR. WILLIAMS
No. You must mean why no one was here when you woke up?

KIRBY
Yeah.

DR. WILLIAMS
Those damn camera hounds getting their interviews. They have been here all night. But you must have known that?

KIRBY
And Jill?

DR. WILLIAMS
A strong girl. A hero really, too bad she didn't live to see the fame for what she did.

KIRBY
Yeah, I guess so.

DR. WILLIAMS
You were close right?

(BEAT)

KIRBY
Best friends really.

DR. WILLIAMS
Well it's good to know that someone may be able to follow her actions.

KIRBY
Yeah.

DR. WILLIAMS
To be that young and strong to do what she did. That took courage. Maybe the world would be a better place if people were a lot like her.

Dr. Williams finishes up what he is doing.

DR. WILLIAMS (CONT'D)
There you go.

KIRBY
Thanks.

There's a knock on the door. It swings open NURSE WELLS walks into the room.

NURSE WELLS
Kirby, time to get you hooked back up. Get you feeling a little bit stronger.

DR. WILLIAMS grabs his stuff, ready to leave.

DR. WILLIAMS
Be careful now.

KIRBY looks back at the doctor.

DR. WILLIAMS (CONT'D)
Don't want you to get hurt again.

So what do you guys think. Critique away.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 10:02:22 PM by Jackson_Leigh »
Wait... What is a signature?

Offline Chizzy

Re: Scream 5 - Fanfic - Adult Language
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 11:10:50 PM »
I really don't like fan fic. I'd much prefer you wrote your own characters.

Ignoring that, though, why doesn't she tell the doctor about the phone call? Or the blood? Or the corpse?
This is not an exit.

Offline Jackson_Leigh

• My life in a nutshell...
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 11:23:37 PM »
Because Scream 4 addresses this. Kirby finds herself in a time frame of where the body is discovered by doctors hours after Sidney shot Jill.

When Dr. Williams finds Kirby, he already knows Jill is dead, but he doesn't know that she was the killer. He knows about there being a corpse and knows about the blood.

Kirby didn't feel comfortable about telling the doctor about the phone call cause she is suspicious of him. In Scream 4 she started to have feelings for a boy that liked her very much, but only to discover he is a killer and he tries to take her life. 

After leaving the hospital, Kirby learns from Sidney what really happened the night both of them were attacked.
Wait... What is a signature?

Offline Chizzy

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 11:42:28 PM »
Lost on me. Sorry.
This is not an exit.

hillwalker3000

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 04:53:02 AM »
I'll pass on this one since one needs a deep understanding of Scream 4 (never seen it) to appreciate the storyline.

But if working inside the framework of an existing movie franchise helps you improve your script-writing craft, all power to your elbow.

H3K

jwatson300011

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 05:10:13 AM »
This is my first review of a script on this website. i just want to say that if you are serious about someone looking at it there are a few things you will want to do to make it closer to format.

For one I notice that there are characters that you name but you don't give the vaguest discription. If they are of enough importance for you to name them tell the age at least. Think about casting calls. They ask for a certain age group, always.

The female charcter in distress, in my opinion should have just been written without some of the dialogue. The "Oh my Gods" are just plain funny to me. Sense you don't mind being profane in the scripts you could have come up with something else, if you know what I mean.

I watched a couple of Screams on Netflex and I never saw anything scarry about a skinny guy running around with a ghost mask. So it would take the kind of imagination they put into the Hell Raiser movie sequels for Scream to when my approval. I would just love to see them make one that could make me scream.  Maybe yours will be the one.

Happy trails.