Author Topic: I suppose an introduction is in order...  (Read 1765 times)

Offline ▒Greg▒

I suppose an introduction is in order...
« on: March 14, 2014, 10:12:00 PM »
Hi! I accidentally posted something to be reviewed before actually introducing myself...

My name's Greg, and I have big dreams about writing a novel one day. Well, I'm actually working on one, and it's really, really daunting. In the meantime, (oh, gosh, was that an appropriate comma usage... so much pressure being amongst writers...) I love writing poetry, and I play around with words in my head all the time. I'm starting to read more and more in an effort to become a better writer.

Looking forward to interacting with you all!

Offline Alice, a Country Gal

• http://www.writestreet.com/writestree
  • Hello from Texas
    • Alice's Hide Away
Re: I suppose an introduction is in order...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 10:16:08 PM »
Welcome to MyWritersCircle Greg, Nice of you to stop by. As you move through the boards, you'll find we have writers of all levels - from beginners to published. So you should feel right at home.

We have a few guidelines, please take a moment to read them. Just click the link below.
http://www.mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=7415.0

You'll also notice Blue stick-pin (Stickies) at the top of some boards to guide you on that board.

Please, browse around and check out the areas you find interesting. If you have a problem finding a particular topic, try the Search button. If you still have a problem, feel free to PM a moderator, we're happy to help.

*If you review other people's work before posting some of your own up for critiques or reviews, you'll find others more likely to read and reciprocate when you do.

Smiles,
Alice - Deep in the Heart of Texas

MWC Charity Publications.
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight>
The universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser, poet and activist (15 Dec 1913-1980)

R. L. Copple's: http://www.rlcopple.com/

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
-Mohandas K. Gandhi

bananna86

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 10:44:12 PM »
Good luck with it all Greg. I have plans like you to read more...just finding the time! take care

Offline 2par

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 11:47:20 PM »
Hello Greg. Welcome.
We all need more time to read

Offline bri h

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 07:24:54 AM »
Welcome to the Circle, Greg. Tell us about 'you.' Bri (in England)
Fare thee well Skip. We're all 'Keening' now. xbx

Offline Laura H

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 11:17:02 AM »
Nice to meet you  :)
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline ▒Greg▒

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 02:11:23 PM »
Hmmm, more about me...
I have this mind that is literally always full of creative energy... I usually put it into poetry, doodling, experimental music, daydreaming, and any other activity that gets in the way of my "work"...  ;D

I have lots of crazy dreams and ambitions, but most come and go. Being a writer of some description is the crazy dream that's stayed with me the longest, but I've never had any luck with producing anything notable, so that's why I'm here.

I've started reading a lot more than usual, from theology to YA fiction, from Lovecraft to Lewis... The temptation to give up on reading and writing is real sometimes, but I've discovered that language is the closest thing humans have to magic... I mean, you can store your consciousness in a bunch of little symbols, which is pretty darn cool.

Offline bri h

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 04:30:30 PM »
Hmmm, more about me...
I have this mind that is literally always full of creative energy... I usually put it into poetry, doodling, experimental music, daydreaming, and any other activity that gets in the way of my "work"...  ;D

I have lots of crazy dreams and ambitions, but most come and go. Being a writer of some description is the crazy dream that's stayed with me the longest, but I've never had any luck with producing anything notable, so that's why I'm here.

I've started reading a lot more than usual, from theology to YA fiction, from Lovecraft to Lewis... The temptation to give up on reading and writing is real sometimes, but I've discovered that language is the closest thing humans have to magic... I mean, you can store your consciousness in a bunch of little symbols, which is pretty darn cool.

Wow. That's a pretty profound thing to say. Is this yours? Or did you read it somewhere? I love it. Bri.
Fare thee well Skip. We're all 'Keening' now. xbx

Offline La Mouquette

• The Hanging of Margaret Dickson
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 07:19:02 PM »
you can store your consciousness in a bunch of little symbols

I agree, Bri - a cracking way of putting it.  La M

Welcome to MWC, Gregobrick
A person without knowledge is like a flower with no scent.

Offline ▒Greg▒

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 08:17:22 PM »
Haha! I had to think hard about this... it actually came from an archaeologist I know! We were talking about the rise of written language and what a major development in human history it is. I'm not sure exactly how he put it, or if I was also influenced by something else I've read... In any case, words have power for sure, and I hope I can learn how to harness them better. We're basically wizards.

Offline heidi52

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2014, 06:59:35 AM »
Welcome Greg, Love your enthusiasm.  ;D

Most of us here share that passion for the power of words, glad you found us.

Look forward to seeing you around the boards.