Author Topic: New Anthology Seeks Writers  (Read 11211 times)

Offline Zepphy

• Demon of Saffron
Re: New Anthology Seeks Writers
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 11:11:14 PM »
For all I know, PLMII, you are legit. Great. You're offering writing people a job. Even better!

I haven't heard of Ann Crispin (and probably there's a good reason for that), but I am personally against not having a copyright to my words, what others do with theirs is their damn business.

What irked me is that you don't bother to go through the proper channels, if it was 510 or 2par or anyone who posts here on a regular basis, I wouldn't have said a word. Surely, you are just advertising (yourself more or less, btw), and here you have enough writers to fill ten anthologies, but you don't seem to think that creating some artistic relationships in the forum is an option.

Furthermore and truly lastly, the way you jumped at my every word tells me that you'll be the same if I were to write for you. You'd bark orders at me, if I didn't follow your plot (and when does that happen?), in effect making me a tool in your extended universe. That's what I don't like. I hope I am incorrect, but my intuition seems to be quite accurate.

Once again, I honestly and full-heartedly wish you good luck.

P.S.: COMMITED
Ars longa, vita brevis... so just in case I also bake.

Offline PLMII

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 11:26:59 PM »
Wow...

A.C. Crispin, author and advocate, dies at age 63...look it up. She fought for all us writers for years hunting down frauds and scams in the writing world. She was just AWESOME!

http://accrispin.blogspot.com/

I am well aware now...that my offer is not for you.

Yet, you cast stones at me and you have not even submitted work for me to look at. I have not even offered you a chance to write for me.  Here is the funny thing, if you did submit and I found your work a fit. I would still offer you a chance. The whole point of me doing this is to create artistic friendships and be a mentor where I can. Zepphy do you want me to help others? Are you just gonna kick me till I can't move anymore?

I came here with an open mind and heart...now I kinda feel violated.

WC members , I am still looking for your stories...if you are willing to take a chance with me.

~PLMII

Offline Zepphy

• Demon of Saffron
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 11:31:26 PM »
Ahem, just to let everyone that I sort of tried to kind of resolve the situation, I shall post one more post. A pièce de résistance, if you will.

« Sent also to: PLMII

I feel like we got on the wrong foot from the very start... As I've stated, people on the forum are a community, we point out things to each other. I wanted to make clear to people that you are looking for a certain type of writer (most people on here wouldn't... or couldn't do what you're asking).

There would be the odd one out who doesn't read what you say (apart the $25 bit) and will send you prose that will waste YOUR time ultimately.

Also, you do need to relax a bit. Your demeanour AND your rules. What if I wanted a new character, what happens then? There should be some artistic freedom and it feels like you're taking it away.

It was never a question if you're scamming or hurting anyone, it began as an annotation to let the right people know it's right for them. The Gaiman link was just to show that if anyone decides they're unhappy with the agreement at a later date, everyone will have a bad time.

Anyway, I've spent two good hours trying to explain myself, maybe I really need to go back to my native tongue. Or sleep.

=========
Anyway, as the above message clearly shows, I used 'people' at least three times in two sentences, which means that my brain needs switching off.

I hope PLMII and I got a few good laughs from you, the sea of users watching. Also, I hope that someone will take this chance, because who knows what could happen, right.

So, creating and ending forum drama... YET AGAIN... that was Zepphy =)

P.S.: I have stated why I wouldn't write for you, so don't expect my best work. My best work will get published in due course. I am not kicking anyone, I am kicking back if anything.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 06:02:17 AM by Zepphy »

Offline PLMII

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2014, 11:36:48 PM »
When Zepphy...I am ready to be your first fan and read it, when it comes.

Offline 2par

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2014, 11:43:44 PM »
The thing is - Crispin is only an example of writers who make their living in writing. All TV series, for instance, have a 'stable' of writers. When you see One name as the writer, it doesn't mean that that person wrote that program all by him/herself. It means that he/she has the job of leading the team that particular week. All the writers contribute to each show. None of them retains rights to their work. None. They get paid to follow a set formula - time limits, a set list of characters, a genre, etc.

Offline Zepphy

• Demon of Saffron
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2014, 11:45:24 PM »
Ah, tempus fugit, if we continue this any longer you'd be a full-fledged member of the forum. Just go say hi in the Welcome Board section and all is stellar xD

Offline PLMII

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 11:52:21 PM »
Great point 2par...btw what do you write genre wise?

Offline 2par

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2014, 11:54:55 PM »
Sorry, I meant to add -  It's the same thing in the newspaper business. You have orders from the editor to go out and get a story on a robbery or a town event, follow the who, what, where, when, why rule, don't use swear words, write clearly and concisely, from this many words to those many words, etc. etc.  Lots of rules to follow.

So I understand what this anthology is about. I think it's a good idea. You work in a structured environment, and you learn certain things. It doesn't mean that you can't write your own stuff on the side. You're not owned. Just the work that you do for your boss is owned by the company. Nothing wrong with that.

Offline PLMII

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2014, 11:56:02 PM »
Thank you..sobbing  ;D

Offline 2par

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2014, 11:56:36 PM »
Sorry again. I forgot you asked that. I'm not really sure about my genre...family, social stuff, historical romance. I'm not into your genres.

Offline PLMII

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2014, 11:58:00 PM »
historical romance...send send...please...

Offline 2par

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2014, 11:59:37 PM »
What're you sobbing about.
Crybaby!

Offline 2par

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2014, 12:00:50 AM »
oh don't get excited. It's not historical in that sense. It's the history of a family through many years, with a secret to solve.

Offline PLMII

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2014, 12:02:34 AM »
sobbing once more.... ;D

Offline 2par

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2014, 12:06:15 AM »
idjit