Author Topic: New Anthology Seeks Writers  (Read 11209 times)

Offline PLMII

New Anthology Seeks Writers
« on: February 25, 2014, 04:25:41 PM »
My name is Philip Lee McCall II, I am an Indie-Author. I am now launching a new anthology called FLUX-FICTION. My goal is quite simple, create a product where new writers and indie-writers have a chance to get published and paid. I am a small shop so my payment rate is low but you get to work with characters that have a following already. I will also be working with you individually, providing plots and keeping things true to existing canon.  

Great Artists will be doing cover work for these books, such as Larry Elmore and Mark Sparacio. I have been publishing my own works for over (9) years so I have the publication thing down. I am now looking to help others get published and create some great shared fiction. I hope you will join me on this great project. First book will drop Fall 2014.  

DISCLAIMER:

•FLUX-FICTION does not pay royalties on either stories or artwork produced for FLUX-FICTION.
•Any produced material is explicitly owned by MYTHIX STUDIOS.
•All FLUX-FICTION works are created using existing properties of MYTHIX STUDIOS.
•Author will be credited; however no royalties shall be paid.
•All Authors are selected based solely upon their work.
•All Authors will receive a flat “work for hire” rate of $25.00 for each story they write (up to a maximum of 5000 words).
•All Authors will receive (2) complimentary copies of the book in which they appear.
•All Authors will be able to purchase additional books at a discounted rate.

FLUX-FICTION is now accepting fiction submissions for review.  Please email me your best short story!

Submit works to: fluxfiction@gmail.com

Or Visit: http://plmii.com/FLUXFIC/ Link does not work.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 01:49:55 PM by Alice, a Country Gal »

Offline 510bhan

• So many jobs to do . . .
Re: New Anthology Seeks Writers
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 06:57:28 PM »
The site looks great. ;)

Offline Zepphy

• Demon of Saffron
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 07:50:38 PM »
It does sound like a great opportunity for young and gifted writers, yet I'd urge everyone to read the disclaimers and be very cautious about their meaning. Otherwise, Gaiman v. McFarlane.
Ars longa, vita brevis... so just in case I also bake.

Offline PLMII

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 09:29:42 PM »
First off thanks for compliments by both posters.

I did however want to clear up a reference posted by Zepphy - yet I'd urge everyone to read the disclaimers and be very cautious about their meaning. Otherwise, Gaiman v. McFarlane.

First off it should be noted that Gaiman created characters for SPAWN. Mcfarlane chose not to acknowledge that and he never paid Gaiman any royalties.   

Your statement does not hold true in my query or the opportunity presented by me. Here is why...

- I will be providing the basic plot for the story to be written.
- I will be providing the characters, they are preexisting.
- I will also change story should it be required to stay within my existing canon.
- I will be a full on creative consultant for the entire work.

The main idea here is to give a new writer the opportunity to write a great story without having to do loads of story work and character creation. It also allows an experienced writer to have the challenge of working within a structured, commissioned work. Both would be writing about characters that I am already publishing.

Hope that makes it crystal....

~PLMII   

Offline Chizzy

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 09:45:11 PM »
So how can people submit work without you first telling them what they've to write about?
This is not an exit.

Offline PLMII

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 09:55:03 PM »
Chizzy...

I need to see what a writer considers to be their best short story work. I am looking foremost for good style and the ability to tell a good story. The work will also help me to choose which of my characters will be best for the writer, that I make an offer too. Obliviously, I am not seeking to publish your own submitted work, it is to be used as an example of your writing nothing more.

Keep those questions coming if your need it folks...send me your best work if you are ready to try out!

~PLMII

Offline Zepphy

• Demon of Saffron
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 10:10:03 PM »
- I will be providing the basic plot for the story to be written.
- I will be providing the characters, they are preexisting.
- I will also change story should it be required to stay within my existing canon.
- I will be a full on creative consultant for the entire work.

~PLMII   

You should change your topic's title, you're looking for ghost writers.

I am aware that the opportunity you're providing isn't the same as the situation that Mr Gaiman found himself in. Yet, I wanted others to note that you have some certain expectations when it comes to the literature that would be produced.

Although, I understand your need to protect your own material, as a writer, I feel the need to protect my work as well. Clearly, this is not for me, but others who are interested and would contribute, should know the full extent of what your rules are all about.

Don't take it as a personal attack, what you're doing is great, I'm sure. But this is a community and you've just registered posting a couple of comments (possibly never to return again). We support each other and anyone who reads this should be aware of your offer in all of its intricacies. They're not unfair, per se, they just set a tone that has to be followed. That's all.

PLMII, good luck with your endeavour.

Offline 2par

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 10:23:33 PM »
What genre are you looking for?

Offline PLMII

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 10:26:50 PM »
Fantasy, SciFi, Paranormal, Horror...send me best work. Remember its just to judge nothing more.

~PLMII

Offline 2par

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 10:31:22 PM »
Oh dear, all the genres I don't like.
...sigh

Offline PLMII

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 10:33:56 PM »
what is your genre?

Offline PLMII

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2014, 10:38:44 PM »
A ghostwriter is a writer who writes books, articles, stories, reports, or other texts that are officially credited to another person

Everyone who writes for FLUXFICTION gets credit and gets paid! NO GHOSTWRITERS NEED APPLY!

~PLMII

Offline Zepphy

• Demon of Saffron
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2014, 10:44:05 PM »
And what's a writer who writes set characters in a set plot? An educated monkey with a typewriter.

P.S.: I won't play this game any more. Mods, delete my comments if need be.

P.P.S: PMLII, there are typos on your website, mate. Will let you find them on your own, am no monkey.

Offline PLMII

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2014, 10:54:09 PM »
Zepphy...

You have every right to tear me down. You don't know me. You think perhaps I am up to something, that I am scamming somehow. I was a student of the late Ann Crispin, who wrote many books about characters she had no rights to. Everything she wrote for either Star Trek and or Star Wars was heavily regulated and she did not own the copyright to the she work produced.  Same goes for the writers employed by Wizards of the Coast. I am not doing something unheard of in the writing world nor is it despicable in nature. I am glad you raised the questions you did...you made me prove my sincerity to all here.

Thanks for that...

~PLMII

Offline PLMII

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2014, 10:56:09 PM »
Yes..I make typos...let the lashings begin  ;D