Author Topic: Just starting here at MWC  (Read 5303 times)

Offline kwsteller

Just starting here at MWC
« on: January 28, 2014, 09:31:43 PM »
Greeting from the frozen north once known as Michigan, sub-zero temperatures have seemd to freeze my writing, came here to try and thaw it out.  Hope to get to know others who are persueing similar avenue as myself, as I have found out , no man is an island until he creates it for himself.  Not sure how much anyone would really care to know about me, if anyone has questions please feel free to ask, I will answer.

kwsteller

Offline Laura H

Re: Just starting here at MWC
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 09:40:57 PM »
Welcome to My Writer’s Circle. I'm shivering in Memphis, so I can only imagine how cold you are up North  :-\

Please take a moment to read the guidelines for forum etiquette -

http://mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=7415.msg67005#msg67005

Have fun exploring the site. You'll find Blue stickies  (with the push-pin icons) at the top of each board.  Read these. They’ll help you find your way around and acquaint you with the local customs.

It’s considered good manners to critique a few pieces in Review My Work or Review My Poetry before asking for reviews yourself. You’re more likely to receive helpful feedback after you’ve contributed a bit.

Consider entering any open flash fiction or poetry contests. They’re fun and anonymous. 

Feel free to pm a moderator if you have a question. We’re the ones with blue stars over our heads.

Enjoy your time here,

Laura
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline thatollie

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 03:44:56 AM »
Welcome aboard. I have questions, because I like to know things about new members. Who are some of your favourite authors? What kind of work would you be producing if your writing wasn't frozen? Does kwsteller stand for k.w. steller or k.w.s. teller?
Never make a decision standing up.

Offline 2par

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 03:55:35 AM »
Hello kws. Welcome.

Offline kwsteller

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 09:14:18 AM »
kwsteller, stands for Kevin W. Steller. I write Poetry, Short Stories, Stage and Screen plays.  I have had two poems published, (one in an anthology, one in a newspaper, Yippie)  I have had on play produced on stage for a three night run, currently working on two screen plays, one based on historical fact from WW II involving Bats, the other fictitious, revolving around a "Fanilow Party". (Fanilow- those who are fans of Barry Manilow.), peppered with Barry Manilow hits. I also have a Blog kwsteller.tumblr.com, where I am defuldging my quest for spirituality.

Offline 2par

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 09:26:32 AM »
You're a busy guy. But you sound like you have lots of energy.

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 09:30:45 AM »
Welcome to our little corner of the Big Bad Web, where a surprising amount of good stuff gets done despite - or perhaps because of - the way we mess around in the less serious areas such as the MWC bar and the games and challenges.

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline kwsteller

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 09:49:59 AM »
Sproket;
 I am sorry I forgot to mention favorite Authors, Mark Twain, Faulkner, Hemingway, Stienbeck, for the classics, Terry Brooks, Orsan Scott Card, Heinlen for the contemporaries.

2par;
If I had more energy I would not still be working on these projects, but alas as I said I am using most of my energy to stay warm this winter.

Gyppo;
Thank you for your encouragment, I ;look forward to accomplishing something with encouragement I receive through MWC.  It is appreciated.

Offline bri h

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 11:13:23 AM »
Welcome to mwc. defuldging? What a great word, what's it mean? Bri, (in England)
Fare thee well Skip. We're all 'Keening' now. xbx

Offline kwsteller

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 11:30:56 AM »
Bri;
"Defuldging" Is my own creation, it  combines define and divulge.  Guess I should include my own dictionary as I post ;).

Offline bri h

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 11:35:08 AM »
Dee-fuldge-ing? Is that it? It's a great word. We like 'new' words here. ha ha. Bri.
Fare thee well Skip. We're all 'Keening' now. xbx

Offline kwsteller

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 12:26:01 PM »
 Bri;
Yes that would be the pronunciation.  It is good for me that you like new words,  I have a tendency to create words that do not exist to make my point from time to time also just for fun or to see if anyone notices.  Thank you for noticing.

Offline Chizzy

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 12:31:49 PM »
Hi Kevin and welcome to MWC. I'm ten miles south of Lansing, having moved here from the UK about 18 months ago. This is the coldest I've ever been in my life. Happy writing to you and stay warm!
This is not an exit.

Offline kwsteller

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 01:28:25 PM »
Chizzy;
I am in Jackson, lived in Michigan all my life, though my memory is not what it should be, this is the coldest I can remeber myself.  I did read your piece on Beekeeping, are you a beekeeper, it appears you know something of it.  My son is a beekeeper here in Jackson, I have learned more about Bees than I ever thought I should know.  Thank you for the encouragment.

Offline Chizzy

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 01:47:45 PM »
Ah -- I'm twenty minutes up M50 from you in Eaton Rapids.

Thanks for having a read of my story. I'm not a beekeeper, no. Never have been. Anything I got right about beekeeping was down to good research. Anything I got wrong was down to bad research.

Are there any decent real life writers' groups near you? The only one I've been able to find since I arrived here is the MSU Creative Writing Center that meets in East Lansing Library every couple of weeks. Would be nice to know if there are more to choose from.
This is not an exit.