Author Topic: Hello From Paul B  (Read 2997 times)

Offline PaulB

Hello From Paul B
« on: September 28, 2006, 02:26:04 PM »
Hello everyone,

I have joined your site today.  I have been writing a number of years but I am not yet published.  I write fantasy fiction. 

My first novel was quite large 186,000 words a saga based in mythological Ireland, an adult novel, quite violent and rude in places certainly fun to write. 

After a few half finished projects I started writing a children to adult fantasy about an 11 year old boy whose brother is kidnapped by fairies.  This is now running into a trilogy with the first two novels complete and the third being planned. I am pleased with the results as it is quite unexpected in its twists and turns.  It is keeping me amused anyway. 

I am currently trying to get some interest from  mainstream agents and publishers, which is hard and  I am also considering going down the self publishing /self marketing route, which at first glance is not as easy as it sounds as there is so much to consider.  Taking the lazy man option I was thinking about the Uk company Matador.  Does anyone have any views?

I think that's it for now.  I am off on my holiday to Turkey so if anyone writes and doesn't get a prompt response then please accept my apologies. 

Cheers

Paul

Offline matsamu

• I'm not a Goof, i'm a spoof on Life
Re: Hello From Paul B
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 04:13:58 PM »
Hello and welcome to the site! You can find a lot of different publishers...and stuff....and me! W00t!

Welcome!

~Matsamu
*pop* That was my head. It just got blown.

nassj

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 04:22:01 PM »
Hello, and welcome. ;D

Offline Big T

• Cheers, enjoy your day!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 01:57:39 AM »
Welcome PaulB,
Join in and enjoy!
T
Big T  :o

Offline Symphony

• Put the kettle on
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 12:43:07 PM »
Hello Paul and welcome to the forum on behalf of all the moderators.

Delighted you found your way here. You've certainly been busy. Don't give up now - the hard part starts when you've finished the writing bit, believe it or not.

Let us know how we can help. Feel free to ask questions on the relevant forums - and equally to answer any other threads with your suggestions or ideas. The review board is there for you, too. All we ask is that you take a little time to comment on a couple of other pieces of work before posting your own - that way it's all reciprocal and everyone keeps getting feedback.

And then, of course, there's the Coffee Shop. Do stop in from time to time. Fun and games and nothing too high-brow in there - good place to relax. You might even enjoy the latest fun writing challenge - take a peak.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any problems at all.

All the best,
Symphony

Offline glued

• OK here I am...for a while.
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 01:51:44 AM »
Hi paul, Thats a lot of courage to start of with a trilogy. Best of Luck and welcome.

Offline oliver

• Abandoned children often live with their parents
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 06:24:34 AM »
Hi PaulB, welcome and jump in feet first, the water is warm. Oliver
Where there is kindness to animals, everything else may be taken for granted.
Judge a person's character by how they treat animals and how that person will treat those who can do nothing for them.

Offline lilsistat

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 07:20:37 PM »
Hello PaulB

Welcome!

Gaynor