Author Topic: { untitled poem }  (Read 1639 times)

Offline Chizzy

Re: { untitled poem }
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2014, 06:00:02 PM »
Or I could hit refresh 50 times and push the views to over 100. And what about the people who click on the thread, read the first couple of lines and then back up without commenting? And all the people who have commented and get an email notification and then come back to the thread to read the latest replies. You and I have probably contributed around 10 of the total views. Doesn't mean a thing.  Equally respectfully. ;)
This is not an exit.

Offline bri h

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2014, 06:12:39 PM »
Then respectively, shove this-  ::)

(tongue firmly in cheek)

I suppose so. I still like this poem and author though. I'll be coming back for more, so there's at least another 10 or 20 posts.  ;D  B
Fare thee well Skip. We're all 'Keening' now. xbx

Offline Chizzy

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 06:18:23 PM »
I still like this poem and author though.

Me too.
This is not an exit.

Offline MadDove

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2014, 11:45:27 AM »
Bri,

I'm glad I asked for specifics on what you did and didn't like. I assumed it was my phrasing. You're right. The rhythm isn't consistent. I am new to free verse. I cut my teeth on limericks (even though I took liberties with the conventional form) and feel much more comfortable inside a set meter and syllable limit. Writing free verse is like working w/o a net for me. It does not feel natural, but I will keep trying.  :)

Oh, and for now, I am going to take Amie's suggestion and simply call this "I chanced upon a feather."
I've been working closely on this poem for weeks. I need to regain some perspective before attacking a final title.  :)

Offline bri h

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 11:53:50 AM »
Great title MD. xbx
Fare thee well Skip. We're all 'Keening' now. xbx