Author Topic: MWC poetry anthology: Final stages -  (Read 38087 times)

Offline bri h

Re: MWC poetry anthology: Final stages - Submission to Moderator Panel
« Reply #285 on: February 20, 2014, 04:51:11 PM »
Yes.

Don't know.

Don't know if I want to pay for my own sh- works.  ;D

I hope any extra monies would be able to go to the bri-h charity. It's such a worthy course. It helps aspiring never-be's achieve their long held desire to be  sucksessful orther's.  :)

Seriously, knowing most of the authors, I'd pay to see theirs as well as my works in print. B
Fare thee well Skip. We're all 'Keening' now. xbx

cmb

« Reply #286 on: February 20, 2014, 04:56:23 PM »
I'll buy extra copies to give to friends. :)

Offline bri h

« Reply #287 on: February 20, 2014, 05:03:56 PM »
Oh, I'm so relieved. Nel's gonna buy me a copy. She's such a treasure to her friends.  :-*   ;D

cmb

« Reply #288 on: February 20, 2014, 05:04:47 PM »
Wishful thinking, bri. Don't flatter yourself.  :P

Offline 510bhan

• So many jobs to do . . .
« Reply #289 on: February 20, 2014, 05:29:48 PM »
Ideas for a worthy charity?

Offline bri h

« Reply #290 on: February 20, 2014, 05:36:50 PM »
Wishful thinking, bri. Don't flatter yourself.  :P

Jeez, chill, woman. I was only messin.'
I buy my own books. Unless you wanna go Dutch? No?
No, I didn't think so.  ;D

cmb

« Reply #291 on: February 20, 2014, 05:37:34 PM »
Something suicide prevention?

Or, seeing as we lost Skip to a heart attack, something to do with cardiovascular diseases?

Offline ma100

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I don't need kinky boots, nothing will beat me.
« Reply #292 on: February 20, 2014, 07:17:41 PM »
Sorry to burst your bubble a little bit, but you are not anywhere near the final stages yet guys.

Now all the fiddly bits start that cause the headaches and I hope you are all pitching in and not just leaving it to a few. That was the deal guys. ;) This is the poets baby.

Before this can be glanced over by the powers that be, the book needs to be formatted with ALL relevant information. This includes a foreword, Introduction and index. 25 word bios for each author. A title and a cover. An issue has already arisen that Sio has to wait info on. And formatting so many different coded docs is no easy fix.  ;) The publishing platform also has to be figured between you. The monetary aspect as well has to be thought through.

It takes time. Cheering you on, you've done great so far.

Offline Tom 10

« Reply #293 on: February 20, 2014, 07:25:02 PM »
Thanks for the cheering, Ma. The Table of Contents, Introduction and Preface have been drafted, the index is underway, We are close to meeting the formating challenges.  Check the posting for the Title selection. Drafts of the Cover are in the works.  
Lots left to do, of course, but time to keep plugging ahead, cheer the progress we've made, and leave bubble bursting for when real trouble presents itself.  All's smiles now. 8) 8) 8)

Offline Mark T

« Reply #294 on: February 21, 2014, 01:35:28 AM »

Wish I'd known about the 25 word bio requirement before sending out the invites. Is it really necessary considering it's for five or less poems per individual - about 25 which makes an extra 625 words of cost?

Writing a bio is going to make me feel pretentious and maybe others feel the same. This is an MWC anthology and if anyone really wants to know about an author they can visit the site and view the profile the member has seen fit to post.

Also, the publishing and monetary aspects. I stated quite clearly in the first post of this thread that this would be at the discretion of the moderators in stage 4 upon receipt of the completed anthology, considering its merits and other advisement.
In the absence of anything further to the contrary, that seemed to be a fait accompli then so what is the situation now?
Do the poets really get to decide these aspects or do we drop suggestions like fish into a barrel? It seems to me these are executive type decisions that will need to be approved by the moderators so they, in their wisdom, might as well make these decisions without a brouhaha on this thread.

I doubt there are any technical issues the editors can't overcome. At this stage, I respectfully request clear and complete guidelines from the powers that be with regard to the further development and completion of the anthology.       

Sorry to burst your bubble a little bit, but you are not anywhere near the final stages yet guys.

Now all the fiddly bits start that cause the headaches and I hope you are all pitching in and not just leaving it to a few. That was the deal guys. ;) This is the poets baby.

Before this can be glanced over by the powers that be, the book needs to be formatted with ALL relevant information. This includes a foreword, Introduction and index. 25 word bios for each author. A title and a cover. An issue has already arisen that Sio has to wait info on. And formatting so many different coded docs is no easy fix.  ;) The publishing platform also has to be figured between you. The monetary aspect as well has to be thought through.

It takes time. Cheering you on, you've done great so far.

Offline Amie

• Esteemed Contributor
    • threegeese
« Reply #295 on: February 21, 2014, 05:39:48 AM »
At this stage, I respectfully request clear and complete guidelines from the powers that be with regard to the further development and completion of the anthology.       

Hi Mark :)

The deal was always that it was okay to go ahead, as long as:
a) the mods didn't have to do any work and
b) you submit the final work for approval if you are going to use the MWC name.

If you are asking us to draft guidelines, that is work. Sorry to be so blunt about it but... you never know what is going on in people's lives behind the scenes, and personally I have too much on my plate on the moment to cope with anything else.

How about you get the publication into its final perfected state, such that it all it requires is for you to hit the "publish" button on lulu or Amazon or whereever it is going, then send it to the mods so that we can make sure Nick is happy there are no conflicts with usage of the MWC name?

Alternatively, you could just publish it without any reference to MWC, and then you are free to do it however you like.
"You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet." - Kafka

Offline heidi52

« Reply #296 on: February 21, 2014, 07:58:10 AM »

Writing a bio is going to make me feel pretentious and maybe others feel the same. This is an MWC anthology and if anyone really wants to know about an author they can visit the site and view the profile the member has seen fit to post.

Agree 100%

Offline Mark T

« Reply #297 on: February 21, 2014, 11:23:14 AM »
Hi Amie, thanks for that input and reminder. Quite correct. I agree and think it will be best to leave this in the capable hands of the editors until further notice from them.   

Hi Mark :)

The deal was always that it was okay to go ahead, as long as:
a) the mods didn't have to do any work and
b) you submit the final work for approval if you are going to use the MWC name.

If you are asking us to draft guidelines, that is work. Sorry to be so blunt about it but... you never know what is going on in people's lives behind the scenes, and personally I have too much on my plate on the moment to cope with anything else.

How about you get the publication into its final perfected state, such that it all it requires is for you to hit the "publish" button on lulu or Amazon or whereever it is going, then send it to the mods so that we can make sure Nick is happy there are no conflicts with usage of the MWC name?

Alternatively, you could just publish it without any reference to MWC, and then you are free to do it however you like.

Offline Amie

• Esteemed Contributor
    • threegeese
« Reply #298 on: February 21, 2014, 12:19:00 PM »
Cool - cheers :)
"You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet." - Kafka

Offline Biola

• Creation swings on the axis of LOVE
« Reply #299 on: February 22, 2014, 03:16:02 AM »
Gave a huge sigh of relief . I have been tip toeing in here and leaving quietly so no one will hear the me squeak in fright. But I can now go play in the sun and check my traps ;D ;D ;D. Well done Mark T and thanks Ma.
biola
we learn every day if we want. check my blog http://biola-ephesus-ephesus.blogspot.com, Ephesus@Wordpress.com
buy my books, BLOOD CONTRACT,NUMEN YEYE at amazon.com