Author Topic: Brand New  (Read 1842 times)

Offline OriginJester

Brand New
« on: January 07, 2014, 03:21:00 PM »
Brand new here. Been writing short stories since I was 13, still write them. Have one novel finished, one spiritual book finished, and another novel in progress (started out a short story and then the Muses hit me with a plot twist. YAY! Always love plot twists.) Trying to get my books published. In the mean time, trying to get writing jobs.

Glanced through some of the other posts, how is everyone doing on their writing?

Offline bri h

Re: Brand New
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 03:24:38 PM »
Don't glance. Post. We like to hear from you OJ. If you interact with people. Those same people will be more than happy to critique (crit) your work. Welcome to the best writers site on the net. Bri, (in England).
Fare thee well Skip. We're all 'Keening' now. xbx

Offline Skip Slocum

• Writers are dreamers with pens
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 04:00:49 PM »
Welcome to the Circle, we have much to offer. We’ve divided the subjects of interest into categories. (There are subheadings under each one.) However, before you go any further, please drop by this link below and give it a read.

http://www.mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=7415.0

It will familiarize you with how we do things; our forum etiquette, and limits.  Reading this page first will help. None of us wants to cause a meltdown to the servers or distress the other members.   

Visit our Coffee Shop. Make some friends in the, ‘MWC Bar’ for instance. Ask some questions and jump right in. We do however ask that you help a few others before you post any of your own work. Look for a blue pushpin at the top of each page-list you open. Read that post.

Whether you are a reader, writer, or a poet, we have it all.  As implied in the name, ‘My Writer’s Circle’, we all learn from, and teach one another. Again, welcome aboard.

Skip

Pale Writer

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 04:03:55 PM »
Hello and welcome to the MWC.

Offline Laura H

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 06:19:58 PM »
Nice to meet you. You have multiple muses?  Lucky duck  :)
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline Alice, a Country Gal

• http://www.writestreet.com/writestree
  • Hello from Texas
    • Alice's Hide Away
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 06:37:41 PM »
Welcome aboard Jester. Keep in mind, if you offer feedback to others, they are likely to notice and do the same for you.

Smiles,
Alice
MWC Charity Publications.
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight>
The universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser, poet and activist (15 Dec 1913-1980)

R. L. Copple's: http://www.rlcopple.com/

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
-Mohandas K. Gandhi

Offline Kathy62

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 09:57:34 PM »
I am brand new as of today.  I have been reading all the messages for almost a year but hadn't commented on them.  Have learned a great deal.  Love this site.  I just finished my first novel today.  Am so excited.  Will put away for 6 weeks so I can look at it with fresh eyes when I prepare for my 2nd draft.  Hope you find the site as enjoyable as I have.  Welcome!

Offline 2par

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 10:30:22 PM »
Hello Jester. Welcome.

Kathy, Hello too, but would you like to start your own thread?

Offline Kathy62

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 10:35:46 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion on starting my own thread.  I just did. 

Offline thatollie

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 04:17:18 AM »
Brand new here. Been writing short stories since I was 13, still write them. Have one novel finished, one spiritual book finished, and another novel in progress (started out a short story and then the Muses hit me with a plot twist. YAY! Always love plot twists.) Trying to get my books published. In the mean time, trying to get writing jobs.

Glanced through some of the other posts, how is everyone doing on their writing?

Welcome aboard. Who are some of your favourite authors?
Never make a decision standing up.