Author Topic: Welcome message  (Read 5591 times)

Offline ericmdom

Welcome message
« on: January 01, 2014, 11:05:41 AM »
Hi all, I look forward to mingling with all fellow writers and reading the various posts. It is amazing that once you start searching for these sites how many there are, but how poorly some perform. This is definitely that most professional and everyone knows Nick Dawes of course!

Regards
Eric

Offline Skip Slocum

• Writers are dreamers with pens
Re: Welcome message
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 11:09:27 AM »
Welcome to the Circle, we have much to offer. We’ve divided the subjects of interest into categories. (There are subheadings under each one.) However, before you go any further, please drop by this link below and give it a read.

http://www.mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=7415.0

It will familiarize you with how we do things; our forum etiquette, and limits.  Reading this page first will help. None of us wants to cause a meltdown to the servers or distress the other members.   

Visit our Coffee Shop. Make some friends in the, ‘MWC Bar’ for instance. Ask some questions and jump right in. We do however ask that you help a few others before you post any of your own work. Look for a blue pushpin at the top of each page-list you open. Read that post.

Whether you are a reader, writer, or a poet, we have it all.  As implied in the name, ‘My Writer’s Circle’, we all learn from, and teach one another. Again, welcome aboard.

Skip

Offline Laura H

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 08:37:31 PM »
Welcome to MWC. I hope you enjoy your time here.
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline 2par

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 03:34:03 AM »
Hello Eric. Welcome.
Yes, we think it's the best writers' site.

Offline thatollie

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 02:44:11 AM »
Welcome aboard. Who are some of your favourite authors?
Never make a decision standing up.

Offline ericmdom

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 12:43:16 PM »
Welcome aboard. Who are some of your favourite authors?
Hi there,
I have so many and for fear of sounding pretentious I consider myself widely read. I consider Stephen King an outstanding author. Neil Gaiman, Dan Brown, George R R Martin, J K Rowling, Raymond E Feist, Scott Nicholson and probably hundreds more. I have been reading ever-since I can remember.

Offline bri h

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 12:46:13 PM »
Hello eric. Where you from? I'm in England. Bri.
Fare thee well Skip. We're all 'Keening' now. xbx

Offline ericmdom

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 01:00:11 PM »
Hello eric. Where you from? I'm in England. Bri.
Hi Brian,
I am from South Africa, Pale male with lots to tell. Where is Gyppo from? His nickname reminds me of my army days.
Been writing for long?

Offline bri h

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 01:19:17 PM »
Hiya Eric. Gyppo is from everywhere. ha ha. The answer is, I don't know? I think he's in South west England. If he decides to tell you, then he will. I've only been here for over a year. And I've been writing for a little longer, and also I wrote when I was teenager about 200 yrs ago. (actually 35-40 yrs ago). B

Fare thee well Skip. We're all 'Keening' now. xbx

Offline ericmdom

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 01:29:12 PM »
Sounds about my age (on my way to 60, short a few years). I am employed full time, writing whenever I have the chance.