Author Topic: Some figures about earnings  (Read 15881 times)

Offline 510bhan

• So many jobs to do . . .

Offline wanderer

• Western Wood Artist
Re: Some figures about earnings
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 06:50:40 PM »
Interesting facts and doesn't show a bright future.  :(

Offline 2par

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 11:31:39 PM »
Yes, Publishing, individual or traditional, seems very fluid these days. I guess eventually it'll settle down, but maybe only when everyone and his brother decide that they're not meant to be successful writers.

Offline ed

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 09:09:55 PM »
Yes, Publishing, individual or traditional, seems very fluid these days. I guess eventually it'll settle down, but maybe only when everyone and his brother decide that they're not meant to be successful writers.

Lol i agree. I think someone said. Anyone can write. Few can write well.

Offline ed

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 09:12:47 PM »
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeremygreenfield/2013/12/09/how-much-money-do-self-published-authors-make/

In short -- not much. :( :-\

interesting stuff. Let's face it. Writing is a marathon not a sprint.

If a person only puts out 1 book a year and it's a good book. It's going to take about 10 years to get anything significant.

Now that's if it's even a good book. I would say there is a small percentage of good books out on the market ( traditional or selfpublished)

Now if someone can write 2 or 4 books a year. Maybe they stand a chance, but to do that. They have either got to be writing full time. Which kind of takes us full circle lol

Offline ed

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 09:15:05 PM »
I really feel it comes down to two things

1. Solid writing
2. Volume

Now there are a lot of self-published folks who can knock out books but they are no good. Then there are those who can write amazing books but no more than 1 a year.

All in all, it makes it tough but its not impossible.

It requires serious dedication.

A friend of mine has 5 books and he has gone full-time as an author this past October. So you don't need a lot of books, just good books and good marketing.

Offline Bookkus

• Come be a reviewer
    • Bookkus Publishing
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 09:59:12 PM »
I think marketing is the hardest thing for self-published authors. How can they get the money to market their book? It is just easier with a little money than fighting without it. Publishers know how to do and can do it.

Some self-pubed authors can do it. If they have the time and money. It is an uphill battle, but can be done with some hard work marketing.

And you gotta write well too.
-William
Marketing Manager
Come read, review, and choose the books to publish.
Bookkus Publishing