Author Topic: Say goodbye - Let go - Move on - Never forget  (Read 9703 times)

Offline Mrs N

Re: Say goodbye - Let go - Move on - Never forget
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2013, 07:41:06 PM »
Hi there, the first two lines of your poem brought a lump to my throat,and would have even without knowing your circumstances.
With your simple words you showed us a life- time.

So sorry for your loss.

Offline jkaram

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2013, 11:09:08 PM »
Mark,

I felt an immediate and heartfelt a pulse in your writing that made this a beautiful and moving poem to read. I'm really taken with the gift you've give yourself, Lee and us. Thanks for sharing and truly sorry for your loss.

Janet

Offline intercat

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2013, 02:42:19 AM »
This is one of the most beautiful things I've read in awhile.  I'm often kind of hesitant to critically read, like, personal/emotional writing -- I expect most of us have some things that were painfully and wonderfully cathartic to write, but are rightfully kept in their little heart-corner.  But this is so human and real -- the lines "I twitched the curtains closed, / stalked away, benumbed and stark."  Heartbreakingly perfect.  I'm sorry for your loss.

Offline Mark T

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2013, 12:40:38 PM »

Hey again

Judging from all the nice comments, I didnít realize what a strong poem Iíd written. I just poured it out and then tinkered a little, you know? Thanks for additional comments and condolences from Mrs N, Janet and intercat and also thanks to those who have just read it without commenting on any weak points.

Mark

Offline Tom 10

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2013, 11:07:25 AM »
Weak points? Humbug. 8)

Offline babin

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 09:23:19 PM »
Very touching. Thanks for sharing.

Offline duck

• The best laid plans of mice and men turn to ...
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2013, 10:19:06 AM »
Hi coming to this very late but a great write. A good example of clear precise writing and a touching human poem.
Sorry for your loss but thanks for the poem.
Duck

Offline Mark T

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2013, 05:53:29 PM »

Howzit Dave

Thank you for the read, condolences and comments. Writing praise indeed, from one of the most fearless and critical pair of eyes on MWC.

Iím a bit lost at the moment, poetry-wise, having now posted three recent poems about this personal tragedy and need to move on and write about something else. The effort and distraction of writing feels beneficial but the problem is that everything else seems trite and feeble.

For anyone still following this thread - and thatís interested, Iíve dodged the poetry issue above by writing and posting some casual prose in The Gallery, about how Lee and I met and a bit about our early years together.

Mark

PS  babin - thanks for your comment.

Offline indar

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2013, 06:25:48 PM »
Hi Mark,

I'm glad i got back to this site in time to find this beautiful piece of writing. It must have been cathartic as well. I'm not so certain i accept your promise to not write more on this as the grieving process is long and hard and the writing seems to have served you well and deeply. She was wiccan? my daughter is an ordained priestess---earth-connected as are you. The connection between you must have been profound.

Offline Mark T

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2013, 11:32:01 AM »

Hi Linda, welcome back. I had been off-site too, until a casual whereabouts enquiry from another member pen-friend brought me back, shortly after I returned from Cape Town. I deeply appreciate Tom 10ís unknowing timing, because otherwise I donít think I would have written these recent poems which have helped me a lot, I think.

Thanks for commenting on the poem and your understated sympathy.

Mark
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 03:19:47 PM by Mark T »

Offline bri h

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2013, 05:37:30 PM »
Hiya again Mark. Just remember this mate. While she's alive in your words, she's alive to us all. Keep writing. When you're ready to move onto other subjects, you will. Keep writing mate. Bri.
Fare thee well Skip. We're all 'Keening' now. xbx

Offline Mark T

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2013, 03:58:21 AM »
Yeah, thanks Brian. I removed chunks of that reply to indar and completely from The Gallery. Along with everything else, self-judging appropriate behaviour is also dubious. It's the 1st tomorrow which'll make it exactly two months now. Another trough of snivelling is looming.
When going through her stuff, I found a printed poem I wrote her 10 years ago and which she had kept. Not written well enough to merit a new post but maybe I'll just add it here or in The Gallery. What say you?

Offline bri h

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2013, 05:34:35 PM »
I for one would love to see it. Badly written or no. It's not about the techie-style, I think the power of the words will make it shine. B
Fare thee well Skip. We're all 'Keening' now. xbx