Author Topic: Final Pages Of "not by the book"  (Read 6246 times)

Offline bri h

Re: Final Pages Of "not by the book"
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 08:09:49 PM »
 ;D ;D
Fare thee well Skip. We're all 'Keening' now. xbx

Offline wayne g

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2013, 07:47:38 AM »
Okay, next step. Where do I appeal for people to read the two full episodes already written. Is there a section in this forum or do I need to look elsewhere?

Wayne

Offline Chord

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2013, 08:56:15 AM »
I'd try in  general chat but also try other places, writers are usually terrible readers (if you know what I mean). Try facebook friends or more general non-writing forums.
With a fat friend there is no such thing as a see-saw, only catapults.

Offline bobby801

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2013, 01:13:43 PM »
Darren - for what it's worth I like the humour in your script. Have you seen 'Operation Good Guys? '  - a spoof on a Met police unit, IMHO much funnier than the Office, but didn't get half the credit. If you haven't seen it, buy back copies of Amazon or Ebay. It will help you to understand how to structure your re-writes.

If you need help on how to put the final piece into the correct format, read, read, and then read again more scripts. BBC writers room and 'Simply Scripts' have a good selection. Don't get hung up on 'technical aspects' - that's not your job. leave it to the Director. Keep the instructions sparse, but active. Think in 'scenes'. Look for every possible way to elicit emotion from the viewer through your main character.

Good luck. I think this is a good first attempt. Do get disheartened by adverse criticism, but don't be thin=skinned either.

regards,

Bobby